Sainsbury's home delivery substitutes

I ordered a £12 meal deal on my delivery and the St Clement's Cheesecake, price £3.35, was substituted with a strawberry cheesecake, price £3.00, and spent over 2 hours trying to contact Sainsbury by phone without response before the delivery arrived at 9pm. I was planning to refuse the complete meal deals I noticed the substitute was not listed. The delivery person assured me that I would  be refunded the difference which is £7.53 or a substitute costing 35p cheaper! I managed to talk to Sainsbury today and was informed they were very busy on Monday and there was NO REFUND as the action is allowed under their terms and conditions. 

Comments

• So what products did you actually receive as part of the meal deal including the cheesecake? 

If your not happy you can put in a complaint to Sainsburys 
    FTB - April 2020 
  • Pratulus said:
    I ordered a £12 meal deal on my delivery and the St Clement's Cheesecake, price £3.35, was substituted with a strawberry cheesecake, price £3.00, and spent over 2 hours trying to contact Sainsbury by phone without response before the delivery arrived at 9pm. I was planning to refuse the complete meal deals I noticed the substitute was not listed. The delivery person assured me that I would  be refunded the difference which is £7.53 or a substitute costing 35p cheaper! I managed to talk to Sainsbury today and was informed they were very busy on Monday and there was NO REFUND as the action is allowed under their terms and conditions. 
    I am staggered. We are with tescos since Covide and never noted this not sure re their T&C. In your case seems very unfair
  • SaverRate said:
    So what products did you actually receive as part of the meal deal including the cheesecake? 

If your not happy you can put in a complaint to Sainsburys 
    I received the main meal, veg and wine.
     I've sent an on line complaint to Sainsbury.
     If you plan to eat the meal that day this action puts you in an awkward position.
  • Result of complaint finally received merely stating it is within their terms and conditions, EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback