BrightHouse/Caversham Finance Limited (in administration)

Those of you who had a loan or goods from BrightHouse (Caversham finance Limited) will not now have to make any further payments on your accounts after today.

The joint administrators are winding down the company, and as part of that wind down, neither Caversham finance nor any third party will seek to recover the products you have on your agreements.

So basically, that means you can keep your goods, and you will not be chased for any remaining balance that you may currently owe.

Good news for some there.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter

Comments

• RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,462
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Glad to see the back of them. 
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 20,876
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I was delighted to hear that this bunch of bottom-feeders went under in the first place (while feeling sorry for their employees, it goes without saying) and am even more delighted to hear that the poor unfortunates who were sucked into their deals can now pay nothing further. 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,852
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ^ what they said!
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The irony here is that the administrators will have decided not to pursue any more money because they know its not worth their while ,not because its in the interests of the creditors.I would suspect any money  they managed to collect in ,just about covered their fees
    I would say they are the bottom feeders
    I don't agree people were sucked into buying the  highly overpriced goods 
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,543
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Update issued today.

Apologies and a slight edit to my earlier post, if you have unpaid goods through BrightHouse, they will no longer pursue you for the outstanding debt, as previously stated.

However, the BrightHouse loan book was sold to "Zinc" in September 2022, so once zinc have got their act together, it seems these accounts will be chased after all.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback