MSE guide: Can you save £10,000s by your switching equity release lifetime mortgage?

MSE_Kit
MSE_Kit Posts: 86 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
edited 28 June 2022 at 9:46AM in Mortgages & endowments
Hello everyone,

We've published a brand new guide and this is the discussion thread for it. As this is the first incarnation of the Can you save £10,000s by switching equity release lifetime mortgage guide, we welcome any feedback about the guide itself.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• chelostar
    chelostar Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi,  I have been looking for a source of good information to see if I can stop money draining out of my home and get a better deal, whilst possibly also giving me some funds to do essential work. Or move! Is this forum still being used?  Thanks.
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 18 July 2023 at 8:22AM
    chelostar said:
    Hi,  I have been looking for a source of good information to see if I can stop money draining out of my home and get a better deal, whilst possibly also giving me some funds to do essential work. Or move! Is this forum still being used?  Thanks.
    As interest rates are now rising, it is less likely that there are significant savings to be made by switching your ER, but it might still be possible if your existing rate is bad enough...
    What interest rate are you on at the moment, and how long have you had your ER lifetime mortgage?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback