Tesco Bank is closing its current account arm

Options
Tesco Bank is closing its current account arm and users have until 11.59pm on Monday 15 November to benefit from cash switching bonuses of up to £130 offered by other providers. The bank will close all of its remaining current accounts on 29 November.

Read the full story here:
'Tesco Bank current account holders have until Monday to benefit from switching offers of up to £130 before their accounts are closed'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• General_Grant
    Options
    Queen Anne is dead.
  • jmfwilts
    Options
    Not many posts so maybe everyone else is more organised than me! I've started a switch but specified a date of 26 Nov for the switch to take place. My new bank won't start the switch until 7 working days before, which would be 18 Nov, several days after the 15th. I called new bank to see if they could amend the switch date, but now it has started they can't amend. Tesco Bank couldn't confirm on the phone to me either. I have 20+ Direct Debits to manually move if this all fails!
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jmfwilts said:
    Not many posts  ........
    Likely because all the posts on the subject are in the banking forum not boost your income !

• jmfwilts
    Options
    I just followed the link from the article!
  • Section62
    Section62 Posts: 7,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Tesco Bank is closing its current account arm and users have until 11.59pm on Monday 15 November to benefit from cash switching bonuses of up to £130 offered by other providers. The bank will close all of its remaining current accounts on 29 November.

Hi @MSE_James_F

Where did the information about the closure date of the 29th come from please?  All the information I've had from Tesco has stated the last day, the day the remaining accounts will be closed, is 30 November.
  • Section62 said:

Hi @MSE_James_F

Where did the information about the closure date of the 29th come from please?  All the information I've had from Tesco has stated the last day, the day the remaining accounts will be closed, is 30 November.
    Hi Section62, 
    30 November is the date that Tesco's accounts will be closed from. So, slightly confusingly, Tesco has told us that accounts will actually be closed at 11.59pm on 29 November - please let me know if you've got any more questions on this.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback