Deleted Thread

492800 Posts: 179 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Deleted Thread
--- Hitting the thanks button as often as is needed ---

Comments

• go back to your broker and get them to do it.  Porting with Barclays is generally a nightmare IT wise.  Good to have someone who can escalate issues as they arise. 
    If you have an ERC to pay then you are unlikely to get a better deal especially with that rate
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Any broker can handle a Barclays port.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,433 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2021 at 1:50PM
    If you don't want aggro with navigating through Barclays use a Broker, any Broker.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 September 2021 at 10:25PM
    broker will get paid, you will get someone who will hopefully have contacts able to resolve any issues.   If you get a decent independent broker then you can start a relationship for future remortgages and moves.

A brokers job is to get you a mortgage offer and deal with any issues that come up.   Actually finding the best deal is a small part of the process

If nothing else from what i understand going direct sticks you to about double the appointment time that a broker needs.   Heard the other day of someone spending 3 hours on the phone for their mortgage application!  What a waste of time!
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I know a broker who refuses to deal with Barclays because they are a nightmare to deal with
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,754 Forumite
    csgohan4 said:
    I know a broker who refuses to deal with Barclays because they are a nightmare to deal with
    Just the one...?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback