MSE News: 'Lowest ever' rates on two and five-year fixed mortgages launch - check if you can save

MSE_Helen_K
MSE_Helen_K Posts: 159 MSE Staff
First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
edited 2 June 2021 at 3:40PM in Mortgages & endowments
Platform and NatWest have today launched fixed-rate deals with the lowest ever interest rates seen on a two-year and five-year fix respectively, according to brokers. But while these mortgages won't necessarily be best for everyone, the headline-grabbing rates of 0.95% and 1.17% indicate that competition between lenders is currently fierce. So check now if you can save £1,000s on your mortgage.

Read the full story:

''Lowest ever' rates on two and five-year fixed mortgages launched - check if you can save £1,000s'

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• IAMIAM
    IAMIAM Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I agree, competition is rife. 
    Last week HSBC 2 year fix was one of the best buys all round with a good rate, a week later and they are not even on the first page anymore when I search because of other lenders rate dropping constantly. 
  • Michael_Bear
    Michael_Bear Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Wow! I locked in 1.29% for 5 years last week and thought I'd done well but 1.17% is even better (although with closure fee, Santander cashback and hassle of changing as s/e I'm not too disappointed in myself yet but if it falls more I would be!)
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    The rates can only go up mob will be right one day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback