New story: McDonald’s to axe 'free hot drink' stickers on cups

Comments

• Sal87
    Sal87 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    I guess covid is to be blame maybe
  • been going to mac's for years and I average 12 to 14 coffee's a day and that's not to mention all the food I buy, I also don't use a smart phone and they loose me as a customer if this is how they treat loyalty, and I will be asking my friends to support me and change to Burger King, the big M doesn't deserve people who are loyal to them when they would sooner make a few extra pennies, (try paying your tax bill, or is this what your collecting for)
    EVERYONE on here should encourage their friends to bypass MacDonald's and show them how much good it has done them depriving the elderly with no smart phones....
  • MSE_Laura_F
    MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,569 MSE Staff
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Hello all,

Thanks for reading our story on McDonald's axing loyalty stickers. 

Have any of you tried to redeem a card of six stickers in July? Although the physical stickers were phased out at the end of June, we understood that McDonald's would still honour a full loyalty card of stickers for a period afterwards.

Thank you,

MSE Laura F

• is this still available
  • Tried today in Grantham - they refused the stickers and said they had been instructed not to take them anymore 
  • AlexG65
    AlexG65 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello all,

Thanks for reading our story on McDonald's axing loyalty stickers. 

Have any of you tried to redeem a card of six stickers in July? Although the physical stickers were phased out at the end of June, we understood that McDonald's would still honour a full loyalty card of stickers for a period afterwards.

Thank you,

MSE Laura F

Laura,

Yes we have tried in a few restaurants since 1st July, only 1 has accepted it and that was reluctantly, others are saying no they have been instructed to no longer take them, and the wording on their website appears to state the same now too - rather annoying considering what they told you back in March. Could you get some clarification from them directly do you think?

Thanks
  • They have said they were phasing out the stickers for ages ( before Covid but they left it) I used to get a coffee am & pm to, fro work. I actually find it a lot easier on the app. It’s quicker to order the food & collect in the drive through & I don’t have pesky stickers & cards in my car or forget to take the sticker off the cup. 
    A better easier & more efficient way to get the free coffee. 
  • been going to mac's for years and I average 12 to 14 coffee's a day and that's not to mention all the food I buy, I also don't use a smart phone and they loose me as a customer if this is how they treat loyalty, and I will be asking my friends to support me and change to Burger King, the big M doesn't deserve people who are loyal to them when they would sooner make a few extra pennies, (try paying your tax bill, or is this what your collecting for)
    EVERYONE on here should encourage their friends to bypass MacDonald's and show them how much good it has done them depriving the elderly with no smart phones....
    Why? 
    BK doesn’t give you a free coffee with or without stickers. A bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

12-14 coffees a day, is that good for you? 

They aren’t making extra pennies by giving you a free coffee after you purchase 5 so you’ve lost me on that one. 
  • martinbuckley
    martinbuckley Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    They've done it to combat the mass selling of stickers on e-bay.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback