How to view thanks

in MSE Labs
6 replies 41 views
AceaceAceace Forumite
363 Posts
Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite
How do I view the list of people that have thanked a post without thanking it myself? 

Replies

• MalMonroeMalMonroe Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    You can click on the 'thanks' at the bottom - which will put your name on it but then if you click 'thanks' again, your name will be removed. 
    Please note that comments are strictly my own opinion, intended to help - never hinder. If they do not help then please ignore as the intention of the forum is to help everyone, if possible. MSE forum rules clearly state "no two people have the same circumstances or experiences and it is up to you to investigate, check and check again before you make any decisions or take any action based on information you glean from our community. Remember, don't rely on what you are reading. Verify it and protect yourself. You are responsible for any action you consequently make." It's always best to verify everything. Inappropriate comments will be reported, as per the Forum rules.
  • 203846930203846930 Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Aceace said:
    How do I view the list of people that have thanked a post without thanking it myself? 
    If you hover your mouse over the word 'Thanks' on any post it will show you the first 9 people that have thanked that particular post.
  • AceaceAceace Forumite
    363 Posts
    Forumite
    Aceace said:
    If you hover your mouse over the word 'Thanks' on any post it will show you the first 9 people that have thanked that particular post.
    Thanks for replying. I suspected that a mouse roll might do the trick, but I only access the site via a tablet, so there's no mouse.
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    28.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    You can’t see who it is on a mobile; tablet may be the same. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Set it to browser view, click on the thanks and it pops up saying who did it, then a little box at the bottom pops up saying you can't thank your own post.

It's how I do it on my android phone.
  • AceaceAceace Forumite
    363 Posts
    Forumite
    I've since discovered that holding my finger on the "Thanks" will cause a pop-up selection box for selecting things like "open in new tab", "open in incognito mode" etc. Clicking outside the pop-up box dismisses it and leaves the list of thankers visible beneath.