New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Concept Capital Group

58 replies 4.3K views
I’ve been looking into purchasing a static caravan as an investment over a 2yr period with full payback after 2yrs and a monthly income. It is promoted as a solution to housing crisis and managed by Social Park Housing. Has anybody had experience of this type of investment? 

Replies

• SeldonistaSeldonista Forumite
    63 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Sounds like a scam.
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    104.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been looking into purchasing a static caravan as an investment 

Even though most of these tend to lose money?

over a 2yr period with full payback after 2yrs and a monthly income. 

Which is not guaranteed and is reliant on the company being there at the end.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • edited 29 July 2020 at 11:48AM
    bowlhead99bowlhead99 Forumite
    12.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Post of the Month
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 July 2020 at 11:48AM
    If you search previous threads on the savings and investments board (advanced search button at top of page) you will find various sob stories, scams or missold investments relating to caravan parks or static homes. 

Generally the deal is that they promise you a guaranteed rent, you give them money, as they have all your money they can guarantee to give you some money each month for a while so you think it is going great, then the income dries up and you can't sell the caravan other than to them, oh and there are ongoing fees, and they have no interest in taking it from you and selling it on because they would prefer to sell new ones, or you discover the caravan doesn't exist in the first place, or at least you discover that a 2 year old caravan is not worth anything like the price you paid for a new one, and whatever company 'guaranteed' to get you your money back has been dissolved and reincarnated under a new guise while you are left high and dry.  Generally whatever can go wrong, will.
  • edited 29 July 2020 at 11:59AM
    uk03878uk03878 Forumite
    490 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 29 July 2020 at 11:59AM
    Looked at Social Park Housing as Concept Capital are registered at the FCA as a introducer only.
    Looks an active web site and the directors are valid.
    The company's accounts however are dormant.
    And they heavily advertise that one of the directors and staff are well versed with the needs of various traveller communities. (so that may end up being your target market)
    The homes are built by a firm with the same registered address as Social Park Housing.
    Even without looking at the quality of the investment - too many things.
  • SeldonistaSeldonista Forumite
    63 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Always ask an investment salesman
    "And how do you invest your money?"
     ;) 
  • AnotherJoeAnotherJoe Forumite
    18.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its either a scam, or, a poor and highly risky investment that will likely have the same outcome as if it was a scam.
    I wouldnt invest in either, YMMV.
    How did you come across this  opportunity to b̶e̶ ̶f̶l̶e̶e̶c̶e̶d̶ invest in the first place?

• BloomerBloomer Forumite
    5 posts
    Seventh Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi. 

I was looking for a buy to let. It was being advertised by Hammonds estate agents and Winkworths. It may have been on Rightmove.  I called Hammonds and the received a call from Concept Capital. I have received back up evidence supportIng DWP agreements to pay rent and copies of letters from LHA’s agreeing to support proposed tenants. 
  • doe808doe808 Forumite
    410 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Bloomer said:
    Hi. 

I was looking for a buy to let. It was being advertised by Hammonds estate agents and Winkworths. It may have been on Rightmove.  I called Hammonds and the received a call from Concept Capital. I have received back up evidence supportIng DWP agreements to pay rent and copies of letters from LHA’s agreeing to support proposed tenants. 
    This screams scam in big big letters. If you cant see this yourself, then please listen to all the posts above.
    The fact that you dont know if this was advertised on Rightmove or not suggest that you havent done a lot of dilligence here- which worries me further.

Total - £340.00

wins : £7.50 Virgin Vouchers, Nikon Coolpixs S550 x 2, I-Tunes Vouchers, £5 Esprit Voucher, Big Snap 2 (x2), Alaska Seafood book
  • MalthusianMalthusian Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always ask an investment salesman
    "And how do you invest your money?"
     ;) 
    If you ask these salesmen that, I guarantee you the reply will be "In this of course, it's my pension, I've got my kids' money in it, I've even recommended it to my dear old ma, that's how much of a sure thing it is".
  • BloomerBloomer Forumite
    5 posts
    Seventh Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks to everyone for the advice. I will not be going ahead. 
    I wonder now if I have put myself at risk as I forwarded to them proof of i.d by an image of my passport and a mortgage bank statement for AML compliance.