New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

The hilarious thread.

9 replies 141 views
JohnTeapotJohnTeapot Forumite
63 posts
10 Posts
If you think of anything hilarious just stick it in here.
I can't think of anything hilarious  at the moment so I will leave it to others to get the ball rolling.

Replies

• JohnTeapotJohnTeapot Forumite
    63 posts
    10 Posts
    Well that is hilarious there is already a funny money board!! :D

However i do not like the idea of having a separate forum for funny stuff, it seem a rather
    autistic way of organising a forum as humour is a part of everything, it should not be split
    off from other posts.

I guess if folk want to post in there that is ok though, but I don't as a rule visit separate boards
    for jokes etc... because there is humour in everything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
  • edited 19 May at 10:40PM
    JohnTeapotJohnTeapot Forumite
    63 posts
    10 Posts
    edited 19 May at 10:40PM
    A man goes to the doctors and says, doctor I can't stop farting.
    Hold on a minute, says the doctor as he nips out of the room, returning with a long pole with a hook on the end of it.
    Bloody hell, says the terrified man, what on earth are you planning on doing with that?
    I'm going to open a few windows says the doctor. :D:D:D
  • CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread moved to "Funny Money".  
    Ex Board Guide
  • JohnTeapotJohnTeapot Forumite
    63 posts
    10 Posts
    Humour is a part of life it does not live isolated in a separate forum.
    Does any town of city have a building for humour?
    Now that would be hilarious!
  • societys_childsocietys_child Forumite
    7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    A man goes to the doctors and says, doctor I can't stop farting.
    Hold on a minute, says the doctor as he nips out of the room, returning with a long pole with a hook on the end of it.
    Bloody hell, says the terrified man, what on earth are you planning on doing with that?
    I'm going to open a few windows says the doctor. :D:D:D
    That 'joke' is the very reason there is a separate forum . .
    It must have cost you few bob, it’s an antique. 

• MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy said:
    A talking potato??!! I hope it doesn't say anything half-baked...
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
  • pdx123pdx123 Forumite
    283 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Seeing this thread reminded me of a true story.
    My missus ( well ex missus ) years ago her friend was in hospital & she went to see her. When my missus arrived home I asked how her friend was....she replied  ' she's not at all well, she's hilarious ' .....I asked her again & got the same reply - she couldn't understand why I was laughing so much......I did put her straight... delirious! 
    Love is GRAND..........Divorce is 100 GRAND!