New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Is this a scam?

6 replies 57 views
RichNRichN Forumite
6 posts
Third Anniversary First Post
I can't work this out at all, but this morning I had 2 emails from ASOS, saying that I had setup an account and then ordered a £15 summer dress! Obviously, being a 60 year old bloke, I have done no such thing, and in fact, the order shows a name, address and phone number of a lady in Leeds. I've changed the password on the account and can see enough details of the card to know that it is not one of mine, and there have been no other orders. I messaged ASOS, to see if they can shed any light on it, but still awaiting a reply. I've also spoken to my banks, who confirm nothing has been bought using my accounts so, I'm a bit confused. I have a pretty unusual surname, so shouldn't be easy to confuse. Anyone got any ideas on this?

Replies

• _shel_shel Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably a mistake when this woman inputted her email which is something like yours. If the card isn't yours don't see how it can be a scam. 
    Don't Buy The S*n
  • Carrot007Carrot007 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    RichN said:
    I've changed the password on the account and can see enough details of the card to know that it is not one of mine, and there have been no other orders.

Hopefully not the ASOS account as your menddling will confuse the issue since you did not set it up but have not changed the password (and details?).

It is probably just as said a wrong email.

The right solution was to tell ASOS about it. Shout GDPR a bit and get them to remove your details (the email presumably being the only one) from the account and contact their customer.
  • RichNRichN Forumite
    6 posts
    Thanks for your reply. I suspect you are probably correct, so will wait for ASOS to get back to me
  • RichNRichN Forumite
    6 posts
    _shel said:
    Probably a mistake when this woman inputted her email which is something like yours. If the card isn't yours don't see how it can be a scam. 
    No, I can't see how it can be a scam, but glad that you agree. Makes me feel a bit better and I think I'll just have to wait until ASOS get back. Meanwhile, it's probably time I changed all my passwords anyway!

• _shel_shel Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
     Yup always good to do it every now and then in case they've been hacked and stolen 
    Don't Buy The S*n
  • pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m struggling to see the joke here..?