Forum Home» Coronavirus support and help

ExcludedUK - 3 million taxpayers denied UK Government COVID-19 financial support. #wearenotgoingaway

New Post Advanced Search

ExcludedUK - 3 million taxpayers denied UK Government COVID-19 financial support. #wearenotgoingaway

edited 1 September at 4:15PM in Coronavirus support and help
881 replies 35.6K views
amykirk1996amykirk1996 Forumite
239 posts
100 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭
edited 1 September at 4:15PM in Coronavirus support and help
Hello, does anyone know of a group type class action being fought for those forgotten / deliberately overlooked for government help during this crisis?

#forgottenltd and #newstarterfurlough are all well and good as hashtags, but this is going to be a long haul, I fear.

EDIT, 1st September 2020.  This thread originally had the title "WASPI type class action for #forgottenltd and #newstarterfurlough".  It was changed to more accurately reflect its intended purpose and to stop it being trolled by those more interested in matters WASPI related.  At the time of the creation of the thread, there was very little publicity for those excluded from government support packages.  Everybody was raving about how well Chancellor Sunak had done "supporting everybody".  Remember, he said "You have not been forgotten. We will not leave you behind. We are all in this together."  After 6 months, some people have still been forgotten, some people have been left behind and to quote him again, some people have been left "without hope".  I was merely looking for a group that was promoting this cause.  A group that I thought was akin to waspi.  As it happens, unknowingly to myself or anyone here it seems (because they all went off on a waspi tangent), a few days before creating the thread, a group called "ExcludedUK" had formed to promote this cause.  The fact the thread has been repeatedly taken off course by those more interested in trolling about waspi will not stop the message about those who have been excluded from support being made loud and clear.

It's great that Martin Lewis himself has since got behind the ExcludedUK campaign and for anyone who has been excluded from financial support, you are not alone.  There are more details available here:

Replies

• Andy_LAndy_L Forumite
    11.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How successful was the WASPI class action?
  • amykirk1996amykirk1996 Forumite
    239 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    A long haul.... ? An utterly fruitless very expensive thoroughly misguided waste of time.
    Misguided in what way?  It's all very well for you on your high horse (and presumably 80% furlough) to talk down to others, but what about those left with no income for the last 3 months (and still ongoing) through no fault of their own?

It was a very simple question, is there any group known of fighting against these injustices?  I don't need chapter and verse on the rights and wrongs of it in your opinion.

As for WASPI, it was just an example.  Bank PPI, Apple slowing down iPhones, Mastercard, etc. whatever alternative examples you want to use.
  • Grumpy_chapGrumpy_chap Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly what is the definition to fall within each of your hastags?
    Forgotten Ltd
    New starter furlough

If these are two distinct groups, I doubt they could take a common class action