Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Unused Tesco Clubcard vouchers worth £17m to expire this month - MSE News

New Post Advanced Search

Unused Tesco Clubcard vouchers worth £17m to expire this month - MSE News

edited 10 February at 6:13PM in Gone Off!
7 replies 1.1K views
MSE_NaomiMSE_Naomi MSE Staff
448 posts
Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
MSE Staff
edited 10 February at 6:13PM in Gone Off!
Tesco has revealed that £17 million worth of unused Clubcard vouchers are set to expire at the end of the month. Here's how to check if you've got any forgotten vouchers, plus a trick to extend them...

Read the full story:
'Unused Tesco Clubcard vouchers worth £17m to expire this month'
OfficialStampgif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Replies

• CraftyNanCraftyNan Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Ok so I have found that if you have a voucher which is due to expire and you ring and tell them that you are unable to use as you can't get to your nearest Tesco for some reason to use it they will return your points to your account and add them to the next voucher issued
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will also reinstate expired vouchers as long as they are still on record. I had about £50 worth replaced.
  • joanie3joanie3 Forumite
    35 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I have just contacted them as I have only just set up an online account, was saving vouchers (slowly) and some have been reissued in the past and these have expired.
    Anyway, I was told that as they went back to 2013 they should have been spent, as there was a 2 year date on them, I said I was saving and they didn't seem to care and when I mentioned Martin Lewis they said he has no authority to say I can get them renewed. What can I do please
    9.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 years ago , I called to have some soon to expire vouchers reissued and was told that I had been lucky to call, as at the end of the month, it would no longer be possible and that expired vouchers would be forfeited. However, I have since had a number of reissued limited time vouchers and when I rang the last time, mentioned that it was a pity that I had lost £50 in vouchers as they expired a month ago, only to be told that there was no problem as the £50 was still on record. If told otherwise, I would call again.
    35 posts
    As I just mentioned I did call them and they were less than helpful, saying there was a 2 year expiry date and it was a loss to them for me to spend, so gave the impression I was not losing money! 
    Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I can get the value added back for my expired vouchers please

35 posts
    Just gone back to the main site and the write up.
    When I looked to see there were no vouchers outstanding on my account, despite me having them in my hand (not in date). Or is that because I've only just registered for online clubcard account?
    9.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine weren't listed online, but I had the vouchers to hand and could confirm the serial numbers.