New Post Advanced Search

Notification settings?

13 replies 171 views
On the old site you could choose how often you were notified of replies to threads you had subscribed to. I can't see how to do this on the new site, can anyone tell me how? I'm being bombarded with notifications instead of one per thread daily

Replies

• MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
    8.1K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Click on Notifications at the top right of page, then untick all the email notifications 
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • pixiebel81pixiebel81 Forumite
    35 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Sorry, I think you've misunderstood. I still want email notifications but not for every single reply. I used to get one email just after midnight containing all the replies to the thread the previous day, I'm now getting them every time someone replies
  • MrsMouseMrsMouse Forumite
    60 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    In the same position.
    MrsMouse
    #47 - 2020 MFW 449.29/1200
    #15 - 3/6 month Emergency Fund Challenge 661.89

2019 ~~ MFW: 1122.33 / EF: £1000
  • Sussex_Green_ManSussex_Green_Man Forumite
    13 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    MollyR said:
    Hi
    Sorry if this has already been asked. How do I set my notification preferences to just send me one weekly email about each subscribed thread (like a weekly digest) rather than send me a separate email about Every Single Post? It’s driving me potty! Thank you.
    To control notifications, in your Profile, select Notification Preferences on the left, then tick or untick "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions". At present, notifications for new posts are only on or off, i.e. one e-mail per post or none at all; you cannot choose the frequency of the e-mails you receive, nor can you choose to receive them for one bookmarked topic and not another. Hopefully this will be changed as the MSE team work through the list of thing which need to be fixed.

Found this in the New Forum FAQ thread.
  • lean&meanlean&mean Forumite
    72 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    Glad to hear others are also getting excessive notifications. I’ve had dozens a day and it’s driving me crazy. 
    I’ve looked everywhere for my settings - where can we find our profile to change or stop notifications if we are using the forum on iPhone please?
  • lean&meanlean&mean Forumite
    72 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    Found a way by fluke. Just tapped on my comment picture and it took me to my profile. 
    Still not sure how to get to your profile if you haven’t made a comment...
  • edited 18 February at 6:08AM
    PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 February at 6:08AM
    lean&mean said:
    Found a way by fluke. Just tapped on my comment picture and it took me to my profile. 
    Still not sure how to get to your profile if you haven’t made a comment...
    Top of the page, in the teal-coloured title bar, on extreme right-hand side, is your profile picture. Tap on that, then tap ‘view profile’.

If nothing seems to happen, are you in portrait orientation on a tablet? If so, you may, like me, have problems seeing the tool bar. You may then have to view the Forum in landscape orientation, (which brings other problems!)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• betonybetony Forumite
    167 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Is it still the case that that if you want to be notified of posts on threads you're subscribed to, you're still bombarded every time someone posts? I much preferred to get one notification per day, which I could read in the email. It's a pain in the proverbial the way this is set up  :/ 
  • duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    3.7K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    betony said:
    Is it still the case that that if you want to be notified of posts on threads you're subscribed to, you're still bombarded every time someone posts? I much preferred to get one notification per day, which I could read in the email. It's a pain in the proverbial the way this is set up  :/ 
    The joy of the new and improved forum.
  • betonybetony Forumite
    167 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    betony said:
    The joy of the new and improved forum.
    New? Yes! Improved? :s