New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Boris 114

edited 13 June 2019 at 1:11PM in Discussion Time
169 replies 2.1K views
IntoodeepIntoodeep Forumite
1.6K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
✭✭✭
edited 13 June 2019 at 1:11PM in Discussion Time
Boris 114, 3 knocked out McVey, Harper and Leadsom

Replies

• worried_jimworried_jim
    11.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The world has gone mad.
  • seven-day-weekendseven-day-weekend Forumite
    36.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next ballot on Tuesday, when anyone with less than 33 votes will be eliminated.

Full Results for First ballot :

All 313 Tory MPs voted. There were no spoilt ballot papers.

Boris Johnson - 114

Jeremy Hunt - 43

Michael Gove - 37

Dominic Raab - 27

Sajid Javid - 23

Matt Hancock - 20

Rory Stewart - 19

Mark Harper - 10

Andrea Leadsom - 11

Esther McVey - 9
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • sammyjammysammyjammy Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    God help us!
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • edited 13 June 2019 at 1:47PM
    VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 June 2019 at 1:47PM
    The world has gone mad.
    Why? The three obvious non-electables have gone, so there's now just a bit less white noise to distract us.

Eta: I still don't think Boris is a dead cert.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • WillimSWillimS Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Next ballot on Tuesday, when anyone with less than 33 votes will be eliminated.

Full Results for First ballot :

All 313 Tory MPs voted. There were no spoilt ballot papers.

Boris Johnson - 114

Jeremy Hunt - 43

Michael Gove - 37

Dominic Raab - 27

Sajid Javid - 23

Matt Hancock - 20

Rory Stewart - 19

Mark Harper - 10

Andrea Leadsom - 11

Esther McVey - 9

Using that iffy format like the European election results again, if you add up Hunt, Gove, Raab, they're the winners, and Boris has lost lol :rotfl:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • njm123njm123 Forumite
    249 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Why? The three obvious non-electables have gone, so there's now just a bit less white noise to distract us.

He'll be PM by the end of next week as whoever leads from Gove or Hunt will withdraw from the final ballot as they know they can't beat Boris in the party vote.
  • TBH I hate the thought of that buffoon as PM but I hate even more the thought of JC winning an election.

This is a really dark time for politics.
  • worried_jimworried_jim
    11.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VfM4meplse wrote: »

Because he is a liar, nutjob, clown, tosser, the list is endless but what he isn't is PM material.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    njm123 wrote: »
    He'll be PM by the end of next week as whoever leads from Gove or Hunt will withdraw from the final ballot as they know they can't beat Boris in the party vote.
    The problem is the moderates have split the vote. The sensible thing would be for the rest of them - Gove, Hunt, Hancock, Stewart and Javid - to put their egos aside, and back just one candidate saving the next round of MP votes. I would imagine it would involve the promise of cabinet posts, but at least they'd all be on the same page. I can recommend a good restaurant in Islington, btw ;)

Can this thread be merged with the Conservative Leadership Election thread please?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • tommixtommix Forumite
    41.3K posts
    Because he is a liar, nutjob, clown, tosser,

Qualities that those who voted for him no doubt Identify with..:cool: