Forum Home » Referrers

Nationwide referral thread - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Referrers Board

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team, with limited resources, but we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

At this time, we need your help more than ever so that we can focus our energy on helping the millions of people affected by coronavirus. For now, we plan to leave the Referrers Board open, but we ask that you only post on here within the Referral Board rules especially of once only per referral and on the correct threads. As always please keep it friendly and within the forum rules.

Thank you for your help and understanding at this really difficult time.

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Nationwide referral thread

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Referrers
291 replies 12.6K views

Replies

• edited 3 February 2019 at 2:04PM
    ThePurpleFoxThePurpleFox Forumite
    8 posts
    edited 3 February 2019 at 2:04PM
    £100 from Nationwide!

I have five referrals as well. Drop me a PM to get it started! Nationwide have a great interest rate as well for the first 12 months, I'm currently using my current account almost as a savings account!

Remember you have to:
    Switch to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexDirect or a FlexPlus account - only these current accounts qualify for the offer.
    Complete a full switch using the Current Account Switch team (this will automatically close your old account).
    Transfer two Direct Debits as part of the switch (standing orders and recurring card payments don’t qualify).

Feel free to message with any questions!

:beer:
  • I have just completed an account switch from Santander to Nationwide using a friends referral link. Now that I know it actually works and I trust it, I am more than happy to provide a referral link for someone who wishes to earn £100.

I am in the process of saving for a mortage deposit so any extra pennies will really help me out!
  • Hi guys,

Please send me a PM so that we can share info and both get £100 when you switch to NationWide. You have to switch from another bank and have 2 direct debits on that current account.

Cheers!
  • edited 28 June 2019 at 8:39AM
    ZandermanZanderman Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 June 2019 at 8:39AM
    Hi all , I’m happy to refer anyone to Nationwide – I’ve done it successfully before on both the current and previous schemes and it always works ok!

Edit 28th June 2019: I've just got new links (old ones expire after 90 days, so the fresher you get them the better, gives you three months to do your switch!) so have a new batch to use from today.

As you’ll know if you’ve read the details, you and I both get £100 for a successful referral – terms and conditions are here: https://www.nationwide.co.uk/about/recommend-a-friend

To get started you need to send me a Personal Message (PM) on this forum (you can do so if you’ve logged in by clicking my user name).

The links are valid for 90 days. If they’re not used I can request new ones. Don’t lose the link – you’ll need it AFTER the switch has started not before (so keep the PM it came with)! You’ll see a full explanation when you follow the link the first time.

You then need to switch a current account from another bank to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexPlus or FlexDirect account within 90 days. The account doesn’t have to be your ‘main’ account whatever the t&c say – it just needs to have at least two Direct Debits on it transferred as part of the switch.

When you switch you get a Switch Code (an 18 digit switch code beginning FSW) and that’s when you need the referral link Follow it again and enter your Switch Code into the referral link page – and you (and I) should be all set for £100 bonus.

Already switched but without a referral link? If it was within the last 90 days you can still benefit – let me know and I’ll send you a referral link.

Hope that makes sense. Any questions let me know.

Thanks
    Z-man
  • Uk.Uk. Forumite
    1 posts
    Have 5 referral codes.

I recently switched to nationwide as was unhappy with my current bank, The switch service was excellent, I currently am in a position to offer a link to refer friends and we will get £200 to share between us.

Thanks
  • wizzywig27wizzywig27 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I have five referrals for Nationwide available, please contact me if you would like a referral link.

All you need to di is switch a current account from another bank to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexPlus or FlexDirect account within 90 days.

When you switch you get a Switch Code (an 18 digit switch code beginning FSW) and that’s when you need the referral link follow it again and enter your Switch Code into the referral link page – and we both should get the £100 bonus.

If you have already switched but didnt use a referral link and it was within the last 90 days you can still benefit – let me know and I’ll send you a referral link.
  • dcs34dcs34 Forumite
    185 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    Hi,

Long time customer of Nationwide - can highly recommend them! From my experience one of the most user-friendly online banking interfaces, and they offer a good range of branches too.

I still have five referrals for this tax year, so drop my a PM if interested.

For both of us to gain £100, you’ll need to switch your current account to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexDirect or a FlexPlus account through a link that I will share with you.
  • Hi,
    I've got a referral link for Nationwide (and can get more). Please PM me if interested - the switching deal is as described in others' posts above.
    Not referred anyone yet but always hopeful.
  • Princess_xPrincess_x Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m also able to refer anyone. I’ve successfully referred 2-3 people on here previously.

Send me a PM if you’re interested.

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support