Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Going, going...still going! - Page 85

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Going, going...still going!

edited 29 November 2019 at 9:03PM in Debt Free Diaries
869 replies 62K views

Replies

• BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    648 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I have had a little lie down on the yoga mat ;) - years ago, a masseuse told me to pop a tennis ball between my shoulder blades and roll over it whilst lying down. Does wonders for ironing out little knots! Trying to keep a tennis ball away from PD is quite challenging though! 

Budget all ticking along - my rent went out today, but at least I feel I'm making the most of it :lol: 

Currently debating when I should next go shopping - I can definitely last on freezer and pantry until this time next week, but I don't want to deplete the stocks too far. I'll make bread and maybe a fish curry on Friday, and see how I feel. Shops up here will still be open over the weekend and on Monday (as it's technically not a bank holiday), so I won't go hungry by any means, but I feel a bit unnecessarily twitchy about not having gone for a shop this week. Just shows how little you really need to buy, especially living alone :) 
    Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 Debt at Nov 2019: £0 :)
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    How are you all losing weight 😱 I will need a new doorway the rate my waistline is increasing 😭😂 was saying on another diary, I will need to emergency buy clothes in a few weeks. I just can't stop baking, and then shoving it in my mouth 😂 baking is a stress release, and the kids can only eat so much....... 😉 
    Loan 5350 May 20
    Cc 1 £1900 May 20
    Cc 2 £1575 May 20

• moving_forwardmoving_forward Forumite
    290 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I have had a little lie down on the yoga mat ;) - years ago, a masseuse told me to pop a tennis ball between my shoulder blades and roll over it whilst lying down. Does wonders for ironing out little knots! Trying to keep a tennis ball away from PD is quite challenging though! 

It also works if you shove tennis ball behind your back upagainst a wall.  If you lean over into a door frame with it on your shoulder it gets the neck muscles lovely but does have a nasty habit of bouncing off.  
    I find keeping several tennis balls in the house is the answer. That way plenty to go around and when puss cat or dog steal one just take another from the last place they forgot about one.  I even keep one in my desk drawer at work!
    Regarding loosing weight - humpth some of us stress eat whilst still at work full time and are getting fatter by the minute - humpth!
    March Grocery Challenge - Gone to pot as is April's but we are well and fed so can't complain at these horrid times.
    Personal stretch target - To be decided when the budget gets back to normal post CV19
    Three thousand cheers for our wonderful NHS (and all other key workers) Hip Hip. Horay!! x infinety
  • ChrystalChrystal Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE using a fountain pen :mrgreen:
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.
    290 posts
    ✭✭
    Just waiting for the entry that reads - fountain pen gone out the window since PD used the ink to leave footprints all over important notes!!
    Glad you are both ok - Pusscat has enough dreamies to last a couple of months as we brought a bulk box from costco before the lock down.  Dog has a good supply of chewies but doesn't seem too happy with the flat ones so may have to order some from the rainforest on the web!
    March Grocery Challenge - Gone to pot as is April's but we are well and fed so can't complain at these horrid times.
    Personal stretch target - To be decided when the budget gets back to normal post CV19
    Three thousand cheers for our wonderful NHS (and all other key workers) Hip Hip. Horay!! x infinety
  • BlackCoffeeNoSugarBlackCoffeeNoSugar Forumite
    648 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Back when she was a kitten, PD rubbed up against a fountain pen I was using, and had a rather violent, violet, streak across her face as a result. I think she's learnt her lesson after all these years...but I do have to leave it out of reach, and capped, as she loves hoofing pens off any surface they happen to be on :lol: Not an issue today, as she's been asleep since half 8 this morning, with a brief interlude for lunch ;) 
    Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 Debt at Nov 2019: £0 :)
    Look at you, reading all the small print in the signatures. Your hair is looking lovely today, even if it's a little longer. Suits you.
    290 posts
    ✭✭
    I do hope you hand fed her from her bed like any good cat mommy should do (or as any cat with saft owners demands!).
  • mark88manmark88man Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    glad you are still keeping strong BCNS.  I am now in month 3 of BCNS and really liking it + its doing my waistline a lot of good
    I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlour - Drinking milk shakes cold and long - Smiling and waving and looking so fine (5 years - Bowie)
    Weight/Health - 1/1/2020 - 121kg : 30/05/2020 - 106Kg - Last month +1kg
    12/19: CC:[email protected]% - Car:[email protected]% - Mort:[email protected]% = £140K.
    2020 (YTD): -£13K - May: -£2.6K

Decrease in Total Debt 2016:£13.4K 2017:£8.3K 2018:£20K 2019:£16K