Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Elite: Is this table taken please? - Page 541

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Elite: Is this table taken please?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15.3K replies 575.3K views

Replies

• bubbsbubbs Forumite
    62K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all :D
    Well done on your bargains Sleazy :D
    Did you see the Earl today?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro rang he didn't get up til gone 1pm said he doesn't feel well No energy feels tired told him it will be stress and to try and eat and drink. He said he would but he was going back up to bed :(

Hows your mum Sleazy ?

Well done on your whoopsies .

Going making a quick :coffee: before DOI semi final starts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Mum sounded a bit better when I spoke to her on phone half hour ago. Yesterday wasn't good at all - heart enlarged / fluid around it and other stuff, out of breath when sitting. She slept in chair to keep upright.

District nurse calling tomorrow to change her leg dressing I think (GP was concerned that bone might be infected, but x-ray said not :)). Bro and SIL did some shopping for her today.

Thanks for asking :)
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    bubbs wrote: »
    Evening all :D
    Well done on your bargains Sleazy :D
    Did you see the Earl today?

No ... rain here and there apparently, so I stayed here. Tomorrow supposed to be sunny, but wanted to go to Stafford - haven't decided yet ...
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    62K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    tweets its all caught up with your brother no doubt :(
    He needs to rest but also eat and drink.
    Sleazy glad your mum is a bit better :D
    Yes been wet here but not as bad as expected but the wind is howling now
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I know marmie isn't around at the moment, but thought I'd post a blue moon so that we didn't forget him ;)

u-https-c1-staticflickr-com-3-2815-9706343833-3241468d6b.jpg

When he first mentioned 'Blue Moons', I seriously thought that's what he meant ... :rotfl:
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    Mum sounded a bit better when I spoke to her on phone half hour ago. Yesterday wasn't good at all - heart enlarged / fluid around it and other stuff, out of breath when sitting. She slept in chair to keep upright.

District nurse calling tomorrow to change her leg dressing I think (GP was concerned that bone might be infected, but x-ray said not :)). Bro and SIL did some shopping for her today.

Thanks for asking :)

Hope she ok tomorrow when leg dressing gets changed .
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bubbs wrote: »
    tweets its all caught up with your brother no doubt :(
    He needs to rest but also eat and drink.
    Sleazy glad your mum is a bit better :D
    Yes been wet here but not as bad as expected but the wind is howling now

It will have caught up with bro :(

I don't know how I coped sometimes with mum but bro had mum and sil poorly.

He will update me tomorrow he said :)
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I know marmie isn't around at the moment, but thought I'd post a blue moon so that we didn't forget him ;)

u-https-c1-staticflickr-com-3-2815-9706343833-3241468d6b.jpg

When he first mentioned 'Blue Moons', I seriously thought that's what he meant ... :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I knew you didn't know what he meant when he first mentioned Blue Moon :D

Didn't it take you a couple weeks before it clicked :p
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    62K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    tweets wrote: »
    It will have caught up with bro :(

I don't know how I coped sometimes with mum but bro had mum and sil poorly.

He will update me tomorrow he said :)

Yes very difficult for him but also you x
    Where is marmie on holiday?