Need a moan - I'm a wally

in Debt-free wannabe
10 replies 1.1K views
Hi Gang,

Just when you thought I wan't so reckless I outdo myself. Saturday night me and mates had a good night out and I over spent by £60!!!! How you may ask? Well, I am one of those that has a drink, loses all sense and then happily buys the world and his wife a drink / ciggies etc etc.
I was doing so well and had budgeted a reasonable £30 (travel was already paid) how did I spend £90? I'm so cross with myself for mucking it up. I shouldn't have taken my bank card, but this voice nags me b4 I go out saying its safer to have it in case anything goes wrong.
Sorry to moan, I just need to pinch the pennies harder for the rest of the month and steer well clear of shots.
Hope you're all well
Young - and very - reckless x
Quit smoking 18/08/07

Replies

• ceegeeceegee Forumite
    856 Posts
    Don't beat yourself up just because you've had a hiccup! Start again and use what has happened as an expensive (£60) lesson for the future. You have done so well up until now....this is not the end of the world.......next time you are tempted, remind yourself about how bad you will feel if you succumb to temptation! :cool:
    :snow_grin"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow........":snow_grin
  • MalestromMalestrom Forumite
    983 Posts
    Next time leave the cashcard at home, take the £30 that you budgetted and then take another £10 in your back pocket or a different part of your wallet for any 'emergencies'.

Easy to do though so don't beat yourself up over it to much. As ceegee says, its a hiccup, nothing more :)
    He huihuinga taangata he pukenga whakaaro – A meeting of people; a wellspring of ideas (Maori proverb)
  • Eliza252Eliza252 Forumite
    449 Posts
    ah well - I've been there before!! :rolleyes: . As someone else said, next time leave the card at home - whats the worst that can happen except that you might have a long walk if you run out of cash! and horror of horrors you might not be able to buy a kebab on the way home (warranted that always seems like an emergency situ at 2am)
    Another handy hint is to put some spare cash in your shoe (yes, I am crazy) that way if after you've spent your budgeted amount and decide to throw it all in - you'll be far to drunk to stand on one foot and take your shoe off without falling over - either the fall or having one soggy foot in a gutter will sober you up enough to realise you should spend a bit of the extra cash getting a cab home instead, or if you have well trained friends like mine, they realise that one bare foot is the secret code for 'time-out Ms 252' and they call a cab for me! - not that this is a tried and tested strategy or anything.. ahem! :cool:
    I've made my debts bite-size too depressing to look at all at once so am handling them one at a time - first up Graduate Loan £1720 paid off! only £280 to go!!!
    Money to raise for tuition fees: £3000
    When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!
  • I always leave a tenner at home, so if i have spent out i can pay the taxi when i get home!

helen21
  • Willsnarf1983Willsnarf1983 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    very clever helen and how often do u use it..i suspect not often but it wud be interesting to find out

Will
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • very clever helen and how often do u use it..i suspect not often but it wud be interesting to find out

Will
    Why would you suspect that then?
  • Willsnarf1983Willsnarf1983 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    because that was a sensible answer and if ur good enuff to come up with that type of answer i just doubt that when u go out u are reckless with ur monety...i wasn't questioning bout ur social life...it was meant to be a compliment

Will
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • because that was a sensible answer and if ur good enuff to come up with that type of answer i just doubt that when u go out u are reckless with ur monety...i wasn't questioning bout ur social life...it was meant to be a compliment

Will
    Because i dont go out too often i get rat a***d and from experience know i hate to walk home, so always leave money at home incase!!
    Means i can then spend all my pennies on VODKA :D:D:D:D

helen21
  • Thanks guys I was waiting to be told up, s'pose I've got my mum for that lol! I never would walk home though, as a girl I've had it drummed into me! Good thinking though Helen about the money at home, that would solve the cash card decision. One day I'll learn that drinking shots is a) expensive b) makes you dance badly c) makes you feel rough the next day!!!
    Quit smoking 18/08/07
  • Thanks guys I was waiting to be told up, s'pose I've got my mum for that lol! I never would walk home though, as a girl I've had it drummed into me! Good thinking though Helen about the money at home, that would solve the cash card decision. One day I'll learn that drinking shots is a) expensive b) makes you dance badly c) makes you feel rough the next day!!!
    Its good though :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Well till the next day :rolleyes:

helen21
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals