Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Anyone fed up with the heatwave?

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Anyone fed up with the heatwave?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
201 replies 19.1K views
A_Flock_Of_SheepA_Flock_Of_Sheep Forumite
5.3K posts
Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
As above!

I am now sick to death of the hot sticky oppressive weather that shows no sign of stopping.

I have barely done any housework due to being a sweaty over heated mess. Working is difficult. Go outside and I burn to a crisp in minutes even with sun cream.

Roll on the rain I really miss you as does my garden.

Replies

• pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

I love it. :)
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Mrs_ArcanumMrs_Arcanum Forumite
    24K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knees love it, ankles hate it and fed up of being tired all the time.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
  • I'm not fed up with it.

Its drying out the damp in the house when I can't afford to put the heating on during the winter.
  • TabbytabithaTabbytabitha Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes and it's hotter here in France, although I'm fortunate in having air conditioning.
  • bolistonboliston Forumite
    3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    can't really see the appeal of it being this hot - everything just seems like twice the effort it normally is - I have aircon at work luckily but evenings are just miserable as my flat has no aircon (like most in the uk) and just turns into an oven
  • edited 7 July 2018 at 8:13PM
    cepheuscepheus
    20.1K posts
    edited 7 July 2018 at 8:13PM
    As mentioned on the other thread, I think 'sun worshipping' could be a sign of irrationality and susceptibility to persuasion by advertisers. I can understand why people don't like the wet, and cold, but they seem to compensate by going to the other extreme which is far worse and even more uncomfortable.

Was it always like this or is it a fashion? Didn't people once try to look pale so they didn't resemble outdoor manual workers? I think colonists used to escape the heat of the plain by building their living premises at altitude if possible.

If everybody likes heat why do those in hot countries spend most time in purpose build air conditioned buildings and cars or pools, if they can afford it?

About 15 years ago I toured the US SW with some friends to see the sights and visit relatives. It was hot especially in Phoenix and Las Vegas. However, we spent 90% of the time in air-conditioned premises and cars, and some of the remaining time at altitude or cooler coastal regions, so it wasn't too stressful. Perhaps being a bit younger helped. Other than that I've avoided hot holidays.
  • I love it, long may it continue.
    All my fridges are full, cold milk, beers, diet coke and cider.
    If I get a bit too hot then I get my motorbike out and buzz round a few lanes.
    Farm foods have magnums cheap, salad stuff is cheap, because I live in a first world luxury infested country I can take a shower in clean water whenever I want, the only downside is I need to wait until nine-ish before taking a walk, and of course if I want shade I need to move my chair in the garden occasionally.
  • Beach and surf culture leading to rising skin cancer in Wales.

Never been a surfer or sun worshipper and rarely go shirtless. I burn once then go brown.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-44723312
  • Love it, spent part of the afternoon in the heat on a 40 mile bike ride returning in time to watch us win against the Swedes.
    Exercise is great in a heatwave.Its actually cooler on a bike in hot weather compared to walking or jogging
    People who are tired in this weather need to clean up their act and get healthy and stop smoking
  • Love it, spent part of the afternoon in the heat on a 40 mile bike ride returning in time to watch us win against the Swedes.
    Exercise is great in a heatwave.Its actually cooler on a bike in hot weather compared to walking or jogging
    People who are tired in this weather need to clean up their act and get healthy and stop smoking
    How do you know they smoke?