Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
1.4K replies 78.3K views

Replies

• pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is another Monica's cupboard. I will sort it, I will sort it, I will s.........

Anyway, tired out after my late night with a night owl friend and trying to keep awake for our quiz later.

Coffee, please? Who is serving?
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • edited 20 April 2018 at 8:28PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    49.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 April 2018 at 8:28PM
    I'm entering our cupboard of doom later. I have a torch, rope, and Kendal mint cake. Send help if I'm not out by Monday.

What, no beer? Mind you, real ale and confined spaces. It's probably not such a good idea after all. *parp*
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • TigsteroonieTigsteroonie Forumite
    24.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided not to enter the cupboard of doom until there was another adult in the house to pull me out :D

Instead I decided to clean the kitchen wall tiles and cupboard doors. I'm suffering from "Parents visiting soon, only 8 days to clean the house to their standard" syndrome.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • edited 21 April 2018 at 9:11AM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    49.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 April 2018 at 9:11AM
    I decided not to enter the cupboard of doom until there was another adult in the house to pull me out :D

Instead I decided to clean the kitchen wall tiles and cupboard doors. I'm suffering from "Parents visiting soon, only 8 days to clean the house to their standard" syndrome.

A wise decision. The emptying of deep, dark cupboards should not be attempted without a responsible adult being present. That lets me off doing anything on my own. ;)

Don't forget to leave a DNA sample, and make sure your underwear has got your name written in indelible ink on it for identification purposes.

You shouldn't worry about parents looking at your house with a critical eye, unless they arrive wearing white gloves and start running a finger across the top of doors and shelves. :eek:
  • pipkin71pipkin71 Forumite
    21.8K posts
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    A wise decision. The emptying of deep, dark cupboards should not be attempted without a responsible adult being present. That lets me off doing anything on my own. ;)

Don't forget to leave a DNA sample, and make sure your underwear has got your name written in indelible ink on it for identification purposes.

You shouldn't worry about parents looking at your house with a critical eye, unless they arrive wearing white gloves and start running a finger across the top of doors and shelves. :eek:

There have been times in the past, when my mother has visited, where she has been rather critical of the state of certain family members houses, so I just know she would be having the same conversation about my house if ever it was in a state of disarray whilst she was there :o :rotfl:
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    49.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how scrupulously clean your house normally is, the day your mother visits will be moments after a whirlwind of grandchildren or husbands motorbike or car club or wife's rugby club friends, or builders have just passed through.

You cannot escape your mother's tssk tssk comments or silent rabbit nose of disapproval.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    You could always blame Mr Pipkin for any mess. :rotfl:
  • pipkin71pipkin71 Forumite
    21.8K posts
    Sleazy wrote: »
    You could always blame Mr Pipkin for any mess. :rotfl:

Well, I blame him for everything else, so ... :rotfl:
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    49.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pipkin71 wrote: »
    Well, I blame him for everything else, so ... :rotfl:

I bet you didn't tell him anything about that at the interview.
  • MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm entering our cupboard of doom later. I have a torch, rope, and Kendal mint cake. Send help if I'm not out by Monday.
    I can see the movie:

Tigsteroonie And The Cupboard Of Doom

I can't afford Lucas, so I'm afraid Eli Roth's directing :(
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021