PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Does anyone wear a bed jacket?

Options
I'm always cold when I get into bed but if I turn up the heating I bake in the middle of the night. I've some old patterns for knitted bed jackets, does anyone still use one? Are they any good?

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got a couple for my MIL whilst she was in hospital for a long time, she loved them for when she was sat up in bed

Im not sure they are designed to be slept in.
  • winspiration
    Options
    How about a hot wheat bag or something similar, modern equivalent of a hot water bottle, but heated up in the microwave. If it's really cold, I take a couple of those to bed and they warm me up very fast. Alternatively, an electric blanket to warm up the bed before you get in?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I don't wear anything in bed (and haven't done for the last 50 years) - let alone a jacket. :rotfl:
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have two fleecy jackets that Mr M and Mr S call cardigowns. I wear one in bed if it is exceptionally cold.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We sleep with nothing on but if it's freezing OH just wears an old fleece. No buttons or zips and he says it's very comfy. We do have an electric blanket too which we LOVE - is that another option for you?
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't put something on to go to bed in. My body is already warm from the clothes I wear, so I take a layer or two off and get into bed still wearing leggins, socks, and long sleeved teeshirt. Then I read for 20 minutes or so, by that time the bed is warm so I take the rest of my clothes off while under the covers. :D

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I usually have a nice shawl knocking around to keep my neck and arms warm if I!!!8217;m sitting guy in bed, easily flung off too.
    If I had a bed jacket I may wear it, but this solution works for me.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    I wear a shawl if I'm sitting up in bed reading. DH says it makes me look like a little old granny . Might look out for the cardigowns.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wear a shawl when I!!!8217;m sitting up reading if it seems cold.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did have an electric blanket but I kept forgetting to turn it on to prewarm the bed. We have hot water bottles but I usually stick it down by my feet. I've not heard of cardigowns, I shall look online for them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure