New Post Advanced Search

ese Free Solar PV Health Check?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
73 replies 43.3K views
robbsafcrobbsafc Forumite
74 posts
10 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
I received a letter from a company called "ese" (Company Number 09825685) . They are supposedly offering a free solar health check and service on my system. I presume my details are on some database somewhere as I had solar panels installed in 2011. Having googled there is not a lot of information around regarding this company. I checked Companies House and they appear to be a consultancy firm.
Has anyone encountered this? I am skeptical as to me there must be a catch somewhere to make it worthwhile for the company.

Rob

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming it's

Sharp intake of breath " who fitted these " , " you realise these are very inefficient " etc etc

We can fit new ones at a discount
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • silverwhistlesilverwhistle Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ..or..

you need a new inverter..
  • ProDaveProDave Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    "Servicing" is get up on the roof and clean the panels. Usually involves scaffold. I doubt they will do that.

Are they generating pretty much the same this year as they did last year (from your FIT meter readings)? If so everything is working.

My bet is they are going to try and sell you some form of "optimiser" to increase the output from them. I don't know if these work, I suspect any improvement might be marginal, but I am getting fed up with the phone calls trying to sell me one. The call usually starts as a "free survey"
  • reeacreeac Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I just tell these callers that the output of PV system hasn't changed at all during the 5 plus years that we've had them (which is perfectly true) and that puts them off. Pity that there are so many hucksters around nowadays .... I guess that it's all due to the deindustrialisation of the country.
  • If anyone hears anything good about this company, we would be interested to hear it.
  • edited 26 July 2018 at 12:17PM
    tonypowstonypows Forumite
    1 posts
    edited 26 July 2018 at 12:17PM
    I have today received a letter stating "Our records indicate you haven't received your free health check and service on your system and your warranty may be due to expire".
    The letter then goes onto to talk about the advances in technology of inverters. So I guess they're trying to flog me a new inverter.

I've found on the web ESE Solar from Liverpool.
    My Solar installer was in Modbury Devon and I reside in Saltash Cornwall.
    [Text removed by MSE Investigator]
    Regards
    Tony
  • edited 30 July 2018 at 10:49AM
    reeacreeac Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 30 July 2018 at 10:49AM
    tonypows wrote: »
    I have today received a letter stating "Our records indicate you haven't received your free health check and service on your system and your warranty may be due to expire".
    The letter then goes onto to talk about the advances in technology of inverters. So I guess they're trying to flog me a new inverter.

I've found on the web ESE Solar from Liverpool.
    My Solar installer was in Modbury Devon and I reside in Saltash Cornwall.
    Obviously this is a scam!
    Regards
    Tony
    {Text removed by MSE Investigator}
  • Dallinghoo wrote: »
    If anyone hears anything good about this company, we would be interested to hear it.
    Hi i have my cover with them never had a problem been out done the service and my inverter had broken down which they replaced under the cover great service highly recommende:T:Td
  • i have my cover with ESE i find them very good they have been out and serviced my solar also why under cover with them my inverter broken down they were out with in 24 hrs and replaced it with a new one at no extra cost because i am under the maintenance cover very reliable and professional service highly recommend them cant say a bad word about them hope this helps
  • Andy_WSMAndy_WSM Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...and you signed up especially to tell us this? :rotfl: