New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

When can you post links?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
32 replies 4.9K views
JadeySamsJadeySams Forumite
27 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
Just wondering how long it takes before a new member can share links in their posts?

I am trying to contribute a little with some competitions but feel a bit of a pain not providing links for everyone. :p

Replies

• mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    43.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As per the forum rules
    new forum users can't initially post links. This is to help deter spammers advertising on our forum. The point at which forum users will be able to post links is "top secret" for the same reason
    Internet goodness £27675 ckllvwc2btfb.gif
  • MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
    7.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mjm says, it's one of comping's great mysteries! If you're not a self promoter or spam merchant, just carry on posting as normal, someone will always help out with the link, we've all been there. Then one day, when you're least expecting it, you will be able to post! :D
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • JadeySamsJadeySams Forumite
    27 posts
    No problem, thanks for your responses.
  • Ms_DeeMs_Dee Forumite
    4.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how long you've been a member for, you can post links once you've posted 10-20 posts. Thanks for contributing :)
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • I just joined today. And I was really excited about posting, in a way is not a bad rule to be more active on the forum, but it can be frustrating.

Happy posting!
  • Ms_DeeMs_Dee Forumite
    4.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum JadeySams and MadalinaAJ :)
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • Just keep posting in the chat then by the sounds of it you'll be allowed soon enough.
  • edited 7 April 2019 at 2:33PM
    mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    43.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 April 2019 at 2:33PM
    No I still don't understand why they have to block links from newbies

To help stop SPAM/self-promoters etc and there is no need for newbies to be able to post a link as someone can always add one if it is required.
    Internet goodness £27675 ckllvwc2btfb.gif
  • this post is really helpful, thx
  • Annak789Annak789 Forumite
    90 posts
    10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Same here :o