Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

What's irritating you VI - Page 397

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

What's irritating you VI

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15K replies 699K views

Replies

• joansgirl wrote: »
    Just change it to the same one. It is a tad annoying though.
    indesisiv wrote: »
    The problem I have had is that I had to log in on my phone to change it. I've no idea what my mse password is .. it is autofilled.
    However on my work system that doesn't work!

I tried to change it back to my original password and it didn't even give me an error message! I eventually just used the login with Facebook option and that worked!

Foolishness MSE, FOOLISHNESS I SAY!
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
  • edited 16 February 2018 at 1:01PM
    suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 February 2018 at 1:01PM
    It's more probable that it's something to do with their ballsed up anti spam measures. They keep changing the codes to try to stop the spammers , which is why we have all those messed up apostrophes , and knowing MSE the code changes have had a knock on effect on the passwords

im also pretty sure hackers would be more interested in sites where you have to enter real details, like real name, dob and bank details rather then an annoymous forum
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
  • edited 16 February 2018 at 1:01PM
    joansgirljoansgirl Forumite
    17.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 February 2018 at 1:01PM
    Unless it's just a disgruntled person with an axe to grind and the pertinent knowledge, trying to make life difficult for admin.
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
  • joansgirljoansgirl Forumite
    17.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    suki1964 wrote: »

Does that mean we have to reset every 90 days???
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • joansgirl wrote: »
    Does that mean we have to reset every 90 days???

Apparently so ... :mad::mad::mad:

It has no effect on spam as spam accounts are not active for 90 days so only inconveniences genuine users!
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Resetting our passwords every 90 days? :eek:
    I'll run out of combinations of my pets names at that rate.
    It's mad, I've had the same log in details for my online banking for a decade and have never been asked to change them, but for a website where people post about bogof tea bags we have to change them ever few months?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I'm irritated to see that I am the weight I am, though I'm trying.
    Being away, I see other guys eating far more than me, but I'm the one with a belly!
    Still, early days with my healthier diet.

Well done Colin btw getting under 12 stone. :T
    If I sound envious, it's because I am .. :p
  • edited 16 February 2018 at 1:02PM
    suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 February 2018 at 1:02PM
    Who really cares?

Is someone going to hack and post as me? Good luck to them, they will probably make more sense then me :rotfl:

It's a throwaway email account, a throwaway password. There are no personal details held about me on their data base. And I'm pretty certain my posts here on how to save a bob or two are classified secrets
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Who really cares?

Is someone going to hack and post as me? Good luck to them, they will probably make more sense then me :rotfl:

It's a throwaway email account, a throwaway password. There are no personal details held about me on their data base. And I'm pretty certain my posts here on how to save a bob or two are classified secrets

I am with you on this one, there is not much they could get on me by hacking into my account, as you say maybe they could make a better job of the posts :p