• Radiantsoul
    Radiantsoul Posts: 2,096 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck Thistle!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Busy busy day I see.

hope the Dtr's appointment goes ok and the trip to the train station. Enjoy your look around the town.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Enjoy your day.

Dxxx
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Hope the Docs appointment went OK and you were reassured.

Heating's not on with us yet either but I can sense a thicker fleece being required to be worn in the evenings from now on, the throw is coming back on to the sofa, and we changed the duvet for the mid-weight one at the weekend!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Thank you all!

My Dr appt yesterday went fine, she said there is nothing to worry about. My DD on the other hand needs more extensive tests. She had some problems with her hearing when she was very young and had a few bad ear infections. She's been fine for years but the past few months she has started having trouble again.

We had breakfast out which was lovely, and managed to find a place that wasn't too expensive. We walked around the town (not much to see) but did find a charity shop where everything was £1. It may have been an Age UK shop, it was definitely a chain type store. There were many things I know I could have sold for a profit, but unfortunately I didn't have the money to buy anything today. The next time I need to pick up my son from the train station, I'll leave an hour or so early and stop by that shop.

Today I have accomplished:
    1. Getting a boxful of free clothes hangers for my DD's rail from the shop across the street
    2. Got up early and did a load of laundry
    3. A little grocery shop to stock up on basics

Today I am grateful for:
    1. Finding a fantastic charity shop
    2. Having coffee with DH in the cutest old tudor building
    3. My health being better than expected
    :happylove
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sounds like a fab day.

Dxxx
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Thanks Dolly!

Today should be fairly quiet, I don't need to go out so can spend a good chunk of time on housework. I'm going to tackle a huge pile of laundry my DD brought down when she tidied her room, and do some sorting in the dining room. I don't really want to do anything, I'm feeling tired and a bit achey and bone-idle. I'd much rather laze the day away reading or watching movies with the dog on my lap. I must remember that's partly why I am in this mess in the first place!:o

It feels like a good planning day, so maybe I will come up with things that need to be done this year and next. I like Smolly's task-in-a-jar so might make one of my own, it seems a good way to get things done that are too easily put off, like doing laundry and sorting out the dining room. ;)
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Thistle! I have just sat for the past couple of hours reading all your posts and I just wanted to wish you the very best of luck with getting out of debt and getting your dresser!!! I had to give up work last year due to health problems and have had to reorganise our lives so we can cope with the loss of my wage. I'm very fortunate to have a caring and fantastic other half!

I look forward to your next post!
    Jess x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Awww, thanks Jess! You are very kind xx
  • Smolly
    Smolly Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Thistle
    Sorry I've been a bit quiet but trying to catch up now! Glad your Dr's appointment was ok. One less weight off your mind. How are you going with the £7 a day?

The Age UK shop you found where everything is a £1 is the same as ours, so it must have been a national decision to make a few stores like this. We have another one of these shops in a more local area but they charge the same prices as before. Ours does really well so I hope you get the chance to get back there.

I read a post yesterday but can't find it now - sure it was one of yours - maybe on Essex's thread? Not sure, but I'm pretty sure it was you talking about just doing a job when it needed to be done and not putting it off. I'm employing that attitude this morning. I've been thinking about it for ages and for today I'm not bothering with any lists, urgent or not. If it pops into my head because it needs doing then it's getting done. I've achieved so much already this morning just doing this. Shame I don't have this motivation everyday!

I haven't been near my jar recently Thistle but it is still there. I'll probably find when I do start taking jobs out to do I'll have already done them!

Anyway, hope you have a good day. xx
    LBM Jul 16 £26,823.83, Nov 16 £27,961.98, Dec 16 £26,977.66, Jan 17 £26,884.76
    EF #205 £0/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport