New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

New Highway Code Rules

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Funny Money
12 replies 2.7K views
BazzaD_3BazzaD_3 Forumite
20 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Funny Money
Newsflash from the DVLA

In order to assist other motorists in identifying potentially dangerous drivers, it's now compulsory for anyone with a lower than average IQ and driving ability to display a warning flag.

The flag (comprising of a red cross on a white background) will be attached to the top of at least one door of their vehicle.

For drivers of exceptionally low ability, additional flags are required

;D

Replies

• saw a car the other day with 4 on it.. 2 ST George cross on the back and blue England flags in the front windows.
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    42.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I heard it was only cheapskates who had just one flag on their cars ... although what does that make those of us not flying any, MSEs, very intelligent or both?
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • trutru Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I heard it was only cheapskates who had just one flag on their cars ... although what does that make those of us not flying any, MSEs, very intelligent or both?
    I'm not flying any because I hate football ;D

Although I am an MSE and very intelligent ;D
    Bulletproof
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    42.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not flying any because I hate football ;D

Although I am an MSE and very intelligent ;D
    Makes two of us. Although I would say I am indifferent to the footie rather than hate it.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ive heard that some of these flags fit on cars by placing them between the window and sal thus leaving a small gap. This small gap is great for thieves to easily break into your car. So if you do have flags like this please remove them when you park up.
  • VickyA_2VickyA_2 Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    That made me laugh, BazzaD. I'd heard it before, but it's still funny!
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 declared:staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin
  • ive heard that some of these flags fit on cars by placing them between the window and sal thus leaving a small gap. This small gap is great for thieves to easily break into your car. So if you do have flags like this please remove them when you park up.

I've read that before on here but can't see how it works, the gap is way too small to get anything in to open the door
  • Apparently the gap is just enough to push something in the gap and it breaks the window but doesn't make a noise like hitting it with a brick....and some older cars the window can actually be forced down once you have a gap :-/......................I did say apparently ;D
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Scottish 8)
  • DiggingOutDiggingOut Forumite
    770 posts

"Now I heard it was only cheapskates who had just one flag on their cars ... although what does that make those of us not flying any, MSEs, very intelligent or both?"

Scottish  8)

Don't be redundant, edinburghlass. :D
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support