PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

We'll Eat Again

Options

Comments

• Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here's Thriftlady's thread if you're interested http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=481412
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Justamum wrote: »
    Here's Thriftlady's thread if you're interested http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=481412

That was a really interesting thread, what's happened to thriftlady?
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That was a really interesting thread, what's happened to thriftlady?

She seems to have her own blog now which probably takes up quite a bit of time. People come and go from the forums - I used to be on here quite a bit, but stopped for ages. It's only recently that I've come back to it. No particular reason really. It's possible that she reads, but doesn't have time to post any more.
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Her blog is still live and active.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

I have the book too - I will enjoy keeping up with this thread - I like food history, if anyone is interested this is a good site

http://recipespastandpresent.org.uk/index.php

Quick :wave: to Monnagran - have,t 'seen you' for ages - still on the Island?
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Went away for a year Island Maid but am back now for the foreseeable future. Am struggling to use a tablet with mixed results.

I don'think anyone ever leaves the island completely do they? Wherever you end up a bit of your heart will always be in this beautiful place.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 January 2016 at 1:18PM
    Options
    There is a compilation book of We'll Eat Again, The Victory Cookbook (after the war ended but not before rationing ended) and a third book called Post War Kitchen that covers the years between 1945 and 1954 when rationing officially ended. It's called JUBILEE DISHES (Patriotic Recipes for the 21st Century) by Marguerite Patten ISBN 0 7537 0634 2 issued in 2002 by Midpoint Press.

It's often in charity shops, I've had the individual books which wore out with use and am now on my second edition of the Jubilee Dishes book which has such nice and usable dishes even for 2016. I've always found dishes from this much nicer than they 'read', if you come across a copy grab it with both hands, it's the recipe book I use the most and is really great.

Quite a few available on Amazon for less than £3 inc delivery
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0753706342/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • carriebradshaw
    Options
    I've got the We'll Eat Again Cookbook it's fab but I won't be able to keep up with a cook along as OH is a funny eater & I'm not up to cooking different meals every day .But I am very interested in the thread, I loved when Thriftlady did her experiment a few years back
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I tried Woolton pie once, my it didn't go down well with the family but with lashings of gravy I loved it. Looking forward to reading your posts.
  • FrugalinShropshire
    Options
    Well I did Corned Beef Hash for 3 adults this evening and it was a great success. I used tinned potatoes as I was short of time and I added some ready cooked beetroot to the mix too, along with a dash of smoked paprika. The meal would have easily served 4 if I had added another side veggie. I am also using the smaller dinner plates as we all tend to over do our portion size here. No complaints yet!
    Now Mrs FrugalinShropshire:T Proud to be mortgage and debt free:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport