In the nick of time

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Options
    The university said the worrisome module is next September, but they didn't say I couldn't go on holiday in March. By now the shine has gone off the big trip. Plus money would be a challenge... doable , anyhow, I did look at other places but have decided to cut this one to a week long not a 2 week hol. That has saved £1500 between now and Christmas, then less spending money... but more importantly not missing 3 weeks of the course.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,967 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That sounds sensible, less stress all round for you hopefully :)

Well done on the weight loss and exercise :T my WW leader always said it takes longer to lose when you excercise as well to start with but it’s better long term. I’m getting thinner now, but could do with exercising my “bingo” wings before they become a problem :eek:

Sorry to hear your Dd is in debt, but good that she has told you and you are able to give her good advice :)

Have a good weekend
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Thanks NG

It is a bit unsettling, the good thing is she's not defaulted and has a good credit score... I just hope she follows through with some effort to clear it . She's sent off the mortgage forms to get off the SVR ( quite annoying as I've talked to her since April about that) . I'm hoping she's phoned virgin media to reduce the package from them .. But I'm not judging. she does work most days, so being tight with cash and ploughing herself into work should make easy inroads. I think it will take a few years :( She did ask advice from someone, I wonder if it was a DMP company. She realises that's not for her as she wants to keep a good credit score. ( When she was telling me there was lots of tears, snot and hugs... then she went to sleep !! a problem shared hey :o )

I've told her we can help with our GDs clothes an needs , so she will not be without. They both have so much stuff . TBH I think our GD is fed up of doing stuff too … I was trying to get her to the cinema the other day and she refused point blank. DD1 did say she'd have cash for me today. She's coming later a mix of me babysitting while she goes and works, the her ridding me of the grey stripes in my hair later :eek:

I've earned my OT this month. A busy day again yesterday 15000 steps ... A patient I looked after last week delivered a food voucher to my daughters place of work … I asked him where he worked and it was in a restaurant next door to her employment. I've told her to keep it , complimentary drinks meals and sides for 2 :T:T::T hopefully it will help her skintness :D

I'm off now until Thursday :j:j :j
    So gym for me this morning. meeting my friend there. She's able to go to the gym a couple times a week more than me and has lost another 3lb this week :T I'm wishing mine was quicker as my holiday is in 4 weeks. I'll cut husbands hair later, DD1 will cut and colour mine so we will be spruced up. I need to find and out fit for the funeral , my size 14 ;) capri pants ( ankle grazers as I;m short) may need the button moving, but I don't know if they'll be comfy all day.

ooo won't be a no spend day. MOT for OH car £200 , tire , suspension spring and service .. good value just bluuurrrrrrrgghhh
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Yesterday went well... OH was settled, which is better than troubled :o it was lovely to see him and his sister joking around.... probably the same jokes they did 20-30 years ago :) The people we didn't want to see were on holiday I believe.

I feel really hungover though. I've not been drinking due to dieting. Thankfully I won't be having any more until my holiday. I need to remember to be cautious... which after a few wines I forget :o

I did find a lovely dress in house of fra3er on Monday. It is a damsel in a dres$ fitted black dress with sleeves that reach the elbow. I fitted into a 16, I felt like I was a size 12 :D it was reduced as it didn't have the belt from £129 to £25 :j:j:j

I found lots of stupid photos on my phone this am.

Today has been pretty much wiped out. Thankfully my lovely husband has waited on me all day :D I have my pending salary in my account... it's a couple of hundred more than I was expecting … :D Next month is DD2s birthday. Also I am fearful of DD1s car rattle. We have booked it in for a service next week and possible radiator/oil repair. I have told DD1 this is her xmas and birthday (feb) for the foreseeable future.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Just when you think the payday budgets are looking healthy and we might start September positively (barring DD1s car repairs) the washing machine goes on the blink. 10pm last night DD2s washing need rescuing and hand washing. The drum seems loose. the clothes hadn't spun, although it had drained... and there was a plastic grain over everything... like a tissue in the wash but plastic... Who knows? we will examine it later. Maybe get a repair man in. I think it cost around £200 8 years or so ago (it was before the fall out with BIL as he helped carry it and OH had a big van) I remember looking at the bank statements 6 months after and realising OH had taken out extended warrantee at round £30 pcm. I went bananas.

Other than that I'm off to the gym 24 days until our holiday. I lost another 1.5lb last night. I really would like 7lb off before holiday. I'm on nights the next 3 weekends, and OT every Wed am. which makes exercising with my friend difficult as she's free in the mornings. I need to keep self motivated
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 September 2019 at 5:53PM
    Options
    Another quiet weekend due to working nights. Last one tonight. Petrol light came on in the car before, I'll probably fill up before work rather than risking 12 miles , my gauge says 21 miles left. I've woken up early ( as normal) and had a gym visit with DD2. That costs me £8 for the 2 sessions for her :o I'm not able to fathom why she's not at her Bfs this week... I don't want to ask … she's always been very private. She'll tell me what i need to know i think.

DD1 is working hard. She tells me she's made an extra £200 these 2 weeks towards debt repayment :T Now she had just better send it there :D I'm paying for her car service and any repairs this week as early xmas and birthday gifts… I'm keeping fingers xd for under £300... OH told me mechanic will look at her MOT too :eek:

After that I'm hopeful I can afford a cheap washing machine. I decided against getting it repaired. by the time I've paid a call out fee and a couple of parts I may as well replace it. It'll just mean bedroom carpet goes on the back burner.

The plasterer seems to be on the same building schedule as every other builder!! We telephoned him 2-3 weeks ago and he said he was on holiday and due to bad wether they were taking days rather than a long trip. We were quoted in early July for hall to be plastered and it really does look very shabby and cracked. His van has been parked at his house ( i drive past for the gym ) and there is a skip, so seems to be working on his own house. If he doesn't contact by end of month , I think we shall have to find another. We will soon be needing the hall radiator returning to its spot and the bathroom towel rail. I would rather get the plumber just the once :o

So in a bit of limbo for finances . The plasterer pot is there, my holiday pot is there, 3 weeks :j:j:j and hopefully a little buffer /EF ... Next month I will start paying down March holiday. Due to reducing its length I will be £500 a month better off. This does need to go on debt repayment obviously. As yet I am uncertain which route to follow. I'm hoping for a flash of light to guide me :D
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    I changed mortgage to FD last month.. my interest rate increased to 1.99% from 1.74% at hfax. I've just noticed the interest added to this months balance is £66 … tad confused as i'm sure I was paying around £135 for the other one.... I obviously hope its true mind you :o
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 2 September 2019 at 4:54PM
    Options
    It must of been putting it in writing that made the universe answer me ;) The plasterer telephoned last night and is coming on Wednesday to knock all the plaster off the hall :D … it should fill me with dread, but I'm hopeful that we can have a nice house soon :D …. I must crack on with stripping those up stairs door frames :o

Can't be bothered with the gym today. I'll spend double time there tomorrow. We are having roast chicken dinner for tea.. healthy version, dry roasties for me… I'll only be up half a day so food intake much less :T:T

My new mortgage payment hasn't gone out yet. Twitched as its first payment. Surely they would set up the DD to slide it over from my current account ?

I'm holding off on the food shop until tomorrow. Our fridge really does look bare and the freezers not much better. If Brexit food shortages happen we'd have no chance :D

Just looked at my Total Reward Statement .. looks better than last year but I don't quite known what it means in reality as its in 2 parts (much to my disgust ) but simply if I needed to buy similar products it would cost £900,000 :eek: :eek: Now I just have to work until I'm 60 for one which is 11 years, or 67 and take a reduction to go sooner ( GRRR robbers, they moved my pension after 26 years as I was 2 years too young to stay put ) . I do keep the leaving at 55 rights, so the plan is If I get my MSc and go up a pay scale I'll work F/T until 57 or 58 to see the benefit. then take the full lumps sum and work part time for a couple more years.

ETA just phoned FD , they hadn't set up S/O :eek: was so nearly late with my 1st payment.. all set up now for 1st Oct. £7.90 OP made. was really tempted to round down by th next £50... however spending this month is still an unknown territory
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    OH finished painting the bathroom ceiling and walls :T:T:T , tile trims need to be applied, window frames and doors to be painted. I picked up a caddy/stand today to house gels and shampoos.

Plasterer starts tomorrow :j:j:j I him want to do a patch in the living room , leftover from last years debacle. Then maybe we can decorate :D
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 5 September 2019 at 2:02PM
    Options
    Urggghhh DD1s MOT and service came to £850... and as much as I've told OH it was leaking water, I'm still telling him daily to get radiator checked. I could've absorbed £200 , even £300 . but close to £1000... I just can't, especially as she owes me £250 from July …. DD1 is so sodding ungrateful and feels put out as she hasn't her car. Explaining last night the level of debt and her liking of taking her friends children all over the place is financially viable. She got rude. I lost my temper and told her to **** off and then again 'off. Not great for a parent, however she's been rude and snappy all week. If we don't get the car fixed then the little one has difficulty in getting to school. DD1 has already threatened to reduce her hours so her universal credit gets reinstated, rather than thinking I best work full time then GGRRR .

Anyhow she said I was a horrible person.. must be all the cash we've given her and the free childcare.. and the house deposit 2 years ago, and the holiday we paid for last year, and she's currently using DHs (my old car) .... Well I actually think she's flaming 'orrible.

She text to say sorry, but I've not replied. I am sick to death of being everyone's whipping boy and bank account. I know everyone has their personal needs, and everyone's financial status is personal to them, but even OH , as much as I defend him, still only works PT and I pick up the shortfall, he does pay £300 into savings (I'm nicking next years the rest is to support pension), but his house keeping (for want of a better word) is £400. If it wasn't for his sh1tte financial management our mortgage would be paid off now. DD2 seems to have fallen out with her BF and is home expecting 3 meals a day and zero house keeping. I said after her driving lessons were over for housekeeping. I was just thinking next month I can afford to go the dentist, or have and eye test .. Or even a washing machine !!!

Anyhow enough moaning … plasterer making on hell of a mess.... all in a good cause :D Hopefully he will be done later today. 18 days until my holiday. 1 week all inclusive. I know of one trip out to waterfalls. a day mocching in Souks... the rest resting by the pool. My weight has been quite low all week on my dodgy new scales , but I'm 2lb heavier today :( weigh day at WW tonight.

oooo I did complain at Ald1 this week due to poor service and the checkout woman just crashing my food into the trolley. I should have walked away and not paid, making them put it back!! I filled in the post visit questionnaire and named and shamed... Hopefully I will win £100

oooo I had a moan at work yesterday as it was a pigsty... I told people they needed to tidy up after themselves and not be disrespectful to the rest of the team :o

Work for the next 4 nights.... hope it's ok as it's not pay weekend any more.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback