In the nick of time

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Options
    If there is one thing I hate, it's doing things twice..... I only pressed enter and my post deleted :(

lodger late with rent

DD1 paying up loan :T:T:T

DD2 not yet decided on her future

OH back to work this weekend

I'm off for 3 days but DD1 wants me to wall paper GDs bedroom today... they wait for sky tv this aft. then babysit tomorrow and Friday..... I said I may start charging for childcare ;)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Thanks Cath... to get the lovely life balance we will likely have to move house so I can reduce hours. But after our holiday , October salary, I aim to be really sensible and OP larger amounts again. I'm a bit torn though as to have more cash in the bank ( I tend to keep a £2k EF) will need to be available to move, I may save up.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Enjoy the time off... And hope OH feels better soon..

Re the unpaid work for your family..maybe you should take pay in kind/barter. She needs to acknowledge your time is worth a great deal

X
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    OH feeling much better thanks Brizzle,

he's smiling much more this week and feels glad to be returning to work Saturday night.... I'm glad too as his wages were another £100 less than last month... and we are spending like there's no tomorrow... or rather using holiday excuse for new shoes, cozzies, and general feel good items... sale stuff and TK, so only half mad :0

I'm working weekend nights, then I'm working all of the BH weekend too.... all good for Septembers salary.

DD1s house is coming along nicely,most of the big jobs are now done. She does do my hair once a month, but I buy the colour, my hair is rubbish and it generally takes about 3-4 snips and it's done, ....

She goes on holiday leaving us with the little one at the end of the month... then DD2 needs driving back to the south... OH will do that on his own while I look after GD .... then I'm on 7 night shifts before our holiday... when we are back from holiday it's dd1s winning trip to NYC for 5 days.... GDs daddy will help, ROLL on October pheeewwwww

OH has said he will join the gym with me when we are back from hols :T:T:T we do need another dimension to our personal routines.

I'm just keeping my fingers xd all monies will be ok. I'm not quite putting my head in the sand. I have looked at the CC statement :o and seen that asd@ petrol , card only service station has charged my card twice.... I'm about to get onto whoever that is to complain....
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Pay day tomorrow and I'm excited for it :D
    It's a goodun according to the online payslip, as I've been paid for July OT too.

I need to pay £1k off cc , and do my usual £500 for savings. I really should pay more off the cc but I'll wait until we return from our hols......

Bought a few yellow sicker meats from OH work and remembered his discount card so that saved me a just under £4. Although we shouldn't be shopping as the freezer is full. I have one more work day tomorrow for this week, so a least I'll be home to cook. Our little GD is coming on Thursday for her extended sleep over. DD1s managed to turn a 3 night holiday to Ibiza into 5 nights for child care by booking night flights either end....... I'm not sure whether to be impressed or !!!!!!.

DD2 is back to the south next week. I don't think she is going back to uni at this point :( she has rented a room (I'm sure I've mentioned this before) but she's decided to do nursing but wants to apply to a Welsh uni..... We gave her so much last year to start her off.... I do feel it was just wasted :(.... but as its not my place and I never know whether we'll get happy or grumpy girl I haven't voiced that. She is a challenge for sure and has a lot of traits of my cranky sister whom she didn't see for 10 years :(

We will miss the happy girl but cheer off the difficult one :D
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kids are such a joy aren't they :rotfl: I hope you get some time to rest and relax :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 31 August 2017 at 8:42AM
    Options
    thanks Newgirly, I'm hoping Gds daddy will have the Weekend off to chip in.

Financial planning is all good if I ignore my spending over the last couple of months :o . I have set aside cash for EF, holiday spends and still have some left over. mind you its 3 weeks until we go. This means any lodger money and room money due in before will go off CC too to ensure a quick pay off.

Last year I transferred several things onto 0% and it's been a slow payback of £100 pcm. From now I want all extras to interest cc, (only built up to ensure DD has deposit and now reluctant to part with cash :o ) . After this I will be diverting lodger and room money to the 0%. I think it's up in May next year. We will also pay off at least £1k balance reduction to mortgage and raise EF to £5k... This will take us up too spring summer next year.

Every time we finish one house job I think of another.... We only half did the garden this year so the pricey things like new railings and stairs for next year, plus we still haven't organised wardrobes for our room, the ones I like reach about £1200 and I'm not going there yet. . We also have the 13 yo boiler that chugs along to consider replacing.

After mortgage is paid tomorrow we will be on £158k . We are definitely reaching a £2k OP this year but with all other stuff on the go that has been a small positive....
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    GD has spent half the weekend with her daddy (phew) she's back with us tonight then mummy is home in the morning :T:T:T

OH has been fab at getting 3/4's of the way though 3 year old jobs... still 25% to go :o ,

Holiday funds set to onside, Operation eat from the freezer in process... Although we seem to have a lot of fish :o

All still a mixed up bag with DD2, I'm getting about a sentence a day... I certainly don't want to rush her ;) I have said though , that after her 20th birthday in 2 weeks, the teenage years finish and she can finally act like an adult :rotfl:
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Hahaha a NSD at last :T:T:T , I think anyway. looking after Gd for the day , She's made us lunch (pasta and peas with salmon,) we've made cup cakes... and on our 4th animated film.. I wish they did a dance exercise vid from the Trolls music :o We might have to get some fresh air and walk to the park

OH has gone to lay someone's funky stair design, laminate risers and carpet treads... I hope to the heavens he's ok with it.. he's never been innovative and like to keep traditional... I think that's why I still have incomplete tile trims in the bathroom.

DD1 is back from Ibiza,, that was an expensive do. She was pulled into the pool wearing her hand bag and iphone, so needs a new one.... on the drive home from the airport a stone hit her windscreen and its to cost £180 to replace. its too big a crack for aut0gla$$ to repair.

Bang goes my final £270 that she owes me :o

At least Dd2 is still indecisive on her plans ;) she hasn't cost me anything This week ;)

We have taken down old dusty bathroom wooden venetian blinds. Wilkos rollers £8 to replace. took OH 3 hrs to put up the other day.... I wanted to step in but didn't want to make him feel bad , so I had a cuppa instead and gave him a big hug when it was done :D
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You've been busy :) Where do you find the energy!!? Love reading your posts.

Air BnB still working for you?
    x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback