In the nick of time

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Neighbour has apologised to OH for his rudeness to me the other day, however I still have a garden that looks odd with a half naked tree!!. So garden will be made a bit of a priority. Due to living with a right of way to each front door, I value the bits of privacy we get from our own patch of land. I'm being a bit naughty in wishing for a corner arbour, but more likely to get a boat shaped one... now that would put a cat amongst the pigeons. And block his view ;) Have bought a new hedge trimmer to cut back all of our over growth of ivy, we have a hidden gateway that needs to be opened up again. We covered the curved staircase to the lower land (council owned) last year with decking boards. We could open up the gateway and put a metal staircase and gate. We live in a conservation area so we need to be careful.

DD1 has had her mortgage meeting today... she tells me it's still a bit fingers xd time, because of her very account. For £300!! I've said she should have just paid it off... but too late, she told me after the event.. however £230 pcm for a 40 year deal on a 3 bedroomed house. :T:T:T
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Exciting news for DD. I love your plans for the garden and getting some privacy. Your sister sounds very hard work and controlling. I hope the time in hospital then rehab for your mum gives you a bit of a break.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Fingers crossed for all the multiple strands in your life :D

xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 18 May 2017 at 9:17AM
    Options
    ETE , BRrizzle, my compartmentalisation of life is a bit blurry at the moment :o . Mum being in hospital has freed up my week, and possibly month (selfish to have some relief??) .

mum was at her Sunday best for the first half of her psychiatry appointment yesterday. Then it went down hill. she now has a diagnosis of vascular dementia. No surprise there,, we were transported by ambulance to the sister hospital and returned. Packed lunch and all, however we were only gone 2 hours. Well done NHS :T She is waiting for a transitional bed, as she lacks potential for rehab. This is up to 6 weeks until she then needs to fund from her assets . She still can barely stand with support. I feel I need to nag more. Check up on pain killers and physio whilst she's still on the ward. Don't think other sister knows where her none rehab will be :o

The saga with dd2 and her unit accom continues. I'm trying to get my point across gently in a none blame way.... I'm guarantor for property one. Coerced and manipulated in December. 2 weeks later she wants to move home. ........ so she finds someone to take her place in property one, decides to stay, and asks me to go guarantor for property 2. Then property one person has pulled out and I'm liable for both !!!!!! I am trying to stay calm. I only sent form off last week, after being '''' manipulated again. She's cross that I'm upset, she says I'm nasty, she offered to look after my mum (she did, and it would be too tough, and she needs a future ) oh and, She's guessing I'm giving dd1 money. its my fault I'm cross and telling her to get it sorted. I didn't send utility bill last week so I'm hoping its my get out clause. I can't even type i'd throttle her because id just feel meh about it. The texts I sent were very careful...... as really I wanted to give it both barrels.

My colleagues tell me my kids are spoilt :o

Dd1 ..... hahaha the one we are giving all of our saving to, seems to be getting on ok with the mortgage. They queried her name spelling on payslips. And I didn't write my home town on address on gift form. But that was it.... so almost there :)

OH hates working nights now, after 4.5 years. He wants to quit!!!!!! His last share save payment comes out next week. This week is worth £ 2.6k in maturity value to add to the £3600 paid. ......that's what we are giving to dd1 towards her deposit. I've said if he's that bad he can be sick until next payday. He has come back this am cheerful, after having a good night. I'm hoping he will be able to transfer to days in the local store. he's 58 his trade was floor laying, he doesn't want to and couldn't do that again.

To summarise, my mother is dying a slow cruel death and in pain from her injuries. DD2 a pain in the butt. DD1 excited fairy girl.... OH knackered and flaky right now..... and I'm ok :D I'm off for another cuppa. and we have a stupidly expensive holiday booked that I'm although after all said and done we have the money for.... it will be a blinking waste of money.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    That's a bit moany... blinkin hec, I feel really quite chilled. WE definitely have had far too much alcohol of late and I think that's why OH a bit low, although... 1st shift blues after days of is normal too. I've put the stone I lost earlier in the year back on. So from Monday I will be back to it.

We have a guest returning this weekend. We had blocked it out. But she emailed as wanted to bring her children for a birthday treat. Lovely.... They are arriving on Friday, (paying in cash) and we have our race day out on Saturday.

I will be crossing my fingers that our shifty little lodger pays up last weeks and this weeks rent and buys my phone.. £260. I am selling my phone for £80 to him as it will cost £40 to unlock. I could get £126 on selling sites. We need to be nice to him as if OH walks from work our house income will go from OP/holidays/living to being well and truly house hold budget. As we may need him to fix whatever we destroy in the garden :o
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hang on in there mfd's, you are doing amazingly well in difficult circumstances. So sorry you mum is so poorly, its like their world contracts smaller and smaller, the only consolation with the horrid disease is I really don't think my gran had any idea what was going on, it was the family who were upset not her for most of the time. I hope she settles well wherever she ends up staying.

Make sure you are looking after yourself as well as everyone else x
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Thanks newgirly,

Mum still in hospital and mobility improving. But waiting on next stage. Whatever it will be.

We spent far too much money at the weekend I do not even want to add it up :o so I won't :D but we have had 2 extra bookings, each for 2 nights from a guest who stayed 2 weeks ago. I think I may have to make it clear in future about children staying. I can't cancel them, but they have 2 children aged 7 and 8 in our 1 big bedroom, and they are so noisy. My OH sleeps during the day so I'm hoping the 2 nights they have booked this week will mean the sun shines and they go out early :D I could hear the 8 year old in our ground floor.

Another week until payday. lodger paid up last weekend, but the cheek of the lad... I said he could have the phone £40 less than market value as he would need to get it unlocked.... Then he did it himself!!!!

I'm still spending on the CC to shuffle cash away (apart from the races) . I'm really quite shocked at how much I have over spent :o
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 30 May 2017 at 3:59PM
    Options
    OH pay in this am. He definitely wants to cut his hours down. Unfortunately his contracted nights are split , Wed, Fri and Sat. He has mostly over the years (but not this one ;) ) worked the extra night on a Thursday. He/We have decided for the time being for him to drop that night. As he is low paid and has a small pension, the tax threshold may mean he is actually working the extra nights to pay his tax bill. I've never quite "got" this before but now it is personal I do. He is doing pretty much all of the house stuff, and being a super granddad that it makes sense to take the pressure off.

Guests who are on their 3rd stay, with the happy bouncy children want to book again, and have booked for their friends.... When I got home last night OH was looking pleased with himself and said he'd got 2 new grandkids!! The kids wanted to stay with him and the dog so they did... for an hour !

I had a really busy day in work yesterday, 15000 steps in that heat ..... I think at one point my skin tone was the colour of as a ripe tomato .

Had to get car fixed this week, £70 on our local fella who tinkers, couldn't go to the garage of doom again. I think I may as well rip up the extended warrantee.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    yay payday... still feels a little light, I'm wondering how much pension I've paid.. it went up to over 12% last month.

I have spent more than intended during May. I did put most spends on the cc ... Savings have been good. If I paid off cc it would mean we were £1500 up on the month. I suppose I need to be careful I don't overspend next month :o

I've booked for my leather sofa/suite to be repaired 2nd July, the pictures look amazing online the leather looks really untidy in places and some seats have lost there padding. It's £400. I'm just struggling to imagine how they do it as it is all stitched and no zips, seats or backs. Still waiting for DD1s mortgage to be finalised. They keep wanting more info :o ..... after she's paid the fees :(
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 1 June 2017 at 8:06AM
    Options
    So pension was 12.5%.... an increase by about £90... funny the 2 worst months they've increased it... I suppose I will reap the rewards in the future.. I suppose I'm just concerned as I've been removed from the better one last year.. and there are no forecast plans on line yet.

Our new guest is very quiet.. I'm wondering if he is here at all... seriously!! OH says he didn't seen/hear him yesterday and I didn't after going to bed last night. I'm off today and tomorrow, so a little mystery to solve or get over :o

I've managed to reduced G&E again,, still far too much for gas but will reduce next month too. I've been catching up from winter payments. but at least gas is under £100 now :)

New mortgage payment has gone. I'm a little deflated as I can't OP other than regular OP yet... I'm still waiting for DD1's mortgage to be finally approved... they have a query over tax credits. She hadn't realised they had requested, so sent off Tuesday... Hopefully she will chase up later.

Money plan still is;
    SAVE cash from Salary and @irbnb and lodger
    Frugal spend on CC
    Cash in OH shares ? around £6k
    Gift £7.5k to DD1
    leave me with £1k cc bill and £3.5k cash
    loan DD1 solicitors fees
    Pay for sofa fix £400
    Pay for garden stairs £270
    Save for Holiday
    All doable in June July and August salary plus the room bookings...

I should be able to OP November... oh yeah... that's Christmas money :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback