In the nick of time

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh wow what was she thinking?!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    lord knows NG!!!

After a busy day at work yesterday I'm back at mums for 36 hours.... New sofa here and mum still bent and fidgety.

I'm been de cluttering mothers house for months now.... S2 was getting old sofa chopped up. I've made a space for it in her dining room, and put the barely used dining table in the hall under the stairs. managed to chuck a load more broken picture frames out. She still has far too much stuff. I'm hoping a bother will visit today so he can take some cushions.... they seem to have been breeding!!

Pulse paid surveys have been coming in plenty the last few weeks. I've cashed out £10 last week, waiting for another 41p for another fiver:) Mr M points card that my OH has collected cashed out a fiver too. Free shopping :)

It will be sad to see my lovely savings shrink to almost nothing, but needs must :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Did I ever say me and OH are now replacement nursery for GD? DD1 had a huge nursery bill, and with her hopefully soon mortgage she needs to keep her nose clean financially, her mortgage meeting is next week to push forward as FA has been on holidays. Soooooo GD doing the allowed supported hours of 3 half days and we are helping with the rest. phew... so yesterday, couple of hours at lunch time today, and OH tomorrow afternoon...

I'm getting payback though. I've asked DD1 to mother sit at the W/E so I can go and watch OH in the final of a bowling competition.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Keep going MF..sounds like some things are coming together even if that sister of yours sounds maddening at best..

So so pleased re the deposit. Testament to your LBM that you can help :D :T
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    thanks Brizzle, it's a lovely position to be in... I could have paid more off our mortgage this year, but have diverted it... first on our holiday and now DD1. We will catch up. But it will hopefully set her up for life. She will move out of tiny 2 up 1 down rented house and upsize to her own 3 bedder which has comfortable size rooms, a south facing not over looked patio garden and save £100 a month on the rent. She's driving us mad with her excitement ;) pintrest, bathroom photos, chandeliers flooring ... and so on

It also feels a bit bizarre that just as we get comfortable we are going backwards again :o However being sensible, it will build up again fairly quickly :D

Having said all that Lodger returned from week away to tell OH he can't pay rent this week as he has broken a piece of equipment and he has been charged for it.!!! Whatever happened to paying the roof over your head 1st GGGRRRR . I was at work so I didn't catch him. He was supposed to be buying my phone off me too. I may just get mazuma after all. He has been bragging about earning £400 per week for the last few months.. he told me he had been saving... I hope I get to see him... mind you I'll be at mothers from this evening so unlikely.

took another £5 off pulse surveys and already at 89p

New bnb guest tonight.... He sent a message yesterday in error when asking me my address. He said what a load of Ar..so..les cyber attacking the NHS... little did he know I was living it... we were lucky. Communication is always good between Hospitals ....at the first hint our external systems were shut down and back to pen and paper.. Hopefully it will all be sorted by the time I return after my AL.

Mortgage new deal all sorted .... AMAZING.... asked on line, they over valued my property by £50-75k, as realistically there has been little to no appreciation in value ... so <60% LTV , new payment starts 1st of next month.... on reduced interest rate :T:T:T:T saving more than £100 pcm. The only downside was I would have liked to lessen the term, but as I didn't want to speak to a human I kept it the same. :)

rambling again..
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    OH won is bowls match last night :D but he was only one of 3 in the team of 12 to win :o So the team lost massively overall. I had a lovely evening talking to one of the wives of a man I've known of for probably 25 years. My OH has dipped in and out of the CGB team and I removed myself from the pub life so to speak. Then later talking to the sister of a woman I've known forever too.

We went home with wine and shared a sausage dinner rather than go and see the band. probably saved us £50 :D

Mother had a another fall yesterday morning, that's about 4 in 3 weeks.... this time she's been admitted to hospital. I didn't hear about it until 3pm. By then she was already settled into the ward. I had to drag out of my nice sister that she had broken her pelvis, however was sitting up reading. I'm guessing it the pubic ramus bone as she is on a medical ward. I will get the details later when I visit. My difficult sister was with her and declined company from other sister yesterday. I know this is awful but I'm, relieved of my duties whilst she's there. I have a weeks AL that from yesterday evening I was there all week but for 2 nights. She has a psychiatrist appointment in the sister hospital on Wednesday... we've waited 6 months for. I just hope I am able to get her there.

My nice sister flies back to Dubai tonight so she is very upset. Her daughter in Dubai has some medical things at the mo, so she is torn :(
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done on the win...sorry re your mum. Selfishly though for you am relieved you don't have to drop everything and run in..

Hope this week gets easier for you. And yes give that lodger a rollicking..(or three!)
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Great news re mortgage too! I am too chicken to try and change ours (which to be fair is good) as I am FL and I know it'll be a hassle despite having accounts for last 2 years plus and a good income.

Maybe I should add it to the to do list :think:

Have a good week
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 15 May 2017 at 8:51AM
    Options
    the funny thing with mum is my difficult sister refused to allow us to consider employing carers in the home. She was furious apparently when she looked at my notes after meeting with community matron about support and respite, and she would take mum to live with her and not entertain anything else. Now the hospital have said upon discharge mum will go to rehab. Rehab beds are in nursing homes these days and not hospitals. I don't think she realises this. I have told my other sisters though.

mum looked comfortable yesterday although immobile. she was talking utter nonsense but happily so.

I had a few words with my neighbour yesterday. he has a tree that overhangs into my garden. I've been looking after it for years. Fabulous deep red leaves. He was reaching over into my garden with a saw to cut branches off. I asked him not to as I enjoy the tree. He got quite cross and I said I know it is his tree but he cannot reach into my land to do it. He said He will cut it off at the bottom. He said he want to look at the river and it was spoiling his view. He has a blink!ng great big horse chestnut tree at the foot of his garden blocking everyone's view and other neighbours have complained about. Next to me the other side has a big fat yukka that will most definitely be blocking his view. I want some privacy
    :( that tree gave me some. Looks like I'm off to buy the biggest tree / fence I can find

I always seem to find trouble ... :o
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Brizzle, sometimes status quo is all you need.

I'd love it if it finds me :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback