In the nick of time

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just waiting for the washing machine to finish before heading out. I won't leave washing in machine due to creases and it festering.

BNB room ready for later :D childs bed in place too. I'm paying the car loan £120 on Sunday when all this weeks money is in place. My loan is with H@lifax, and they are sending me letters for each OP, I'm sure a few days won't matter too much.

£30 spent on fresh foods and a bargain or two this week. total £122. still seem to have freezer full of meat.

Booked ryana!r flights to Lanzarote in late September for £110pp return, then added pre booked seats a for £24 and an @irbnb apartment for £260 :D really happy I waited. My OH is a finicky eater so would have ate out several times anyway.

I may get round to doing car boot to or ebay to fund some of this... I have some lovely dresses that cost a small fortune and have worn once. I may even list the shoes :D
    (need to do this before todays guests arrive as stuff in bnb walkinwardrode... not as glam as it sounds)

OH payday tomorrow :T
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Did top up shop fresh things 2 days ago and spent £30. mmm spent another £70 today as OH double discount week. so total for month food so far is £212.... but we have no room for anymore stuff.

I really will have to cut down.. I think I'm still buying meat for our now vegetarian daughter. Wait until she's off to uni in September :(

Mind you yellow sticker chinese style pork ribs in slow cooker for tonight. :D

We have Chinese guest for 2 nights. they are aaaaaaaaamazing!!! they are living in the UK for 6 months and are half way through. He is in a research fellowship post studying genetics... they have a gorgeous 5 yr old girl with them... smitten me?? in fact his name Me :D they are travelling by boat to Ireland tomorrow. When we were at the supermarket this am , he came down to make himself (our) eggs... do I care... No :D:D They are originally from the desert north of China but now live centrally. They can't believe we live by the sea!! mmmmmmm they are looking at our dog as a oddity though.. not many dog pets in China, you get my drift???

Did go back to supermarket to buy a gift for a lovely friend who has just become a granny, Sh'e been like a granny to my girls, so had to push the boat out.

Only £50 on petrol still. OH will top up later.. his wages rubbish :( He's shocked too they are so low... i'm not because I keep seeing him at home :o
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    While i'm documenting spends, It was £20 after discount for outfit for baby
    OH shorts, £10
    £32 swimwear and shorts for me.
    £30 in charity clothes shopping yesterday.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Off out tonight, but working tomorrow late shift.. hope it's not a late one as I'm going with couple friends, not a couple of friends ;) . OH in work :T:T:T (see payroll post) I'm wearing a charity shop top for £3, skinny jeans and charity shop snakeskin effect shoes.. £5

Do have a bnb guest so i suppose I will have to wait until they turn up, just in case it's after OH going to work... I'm surprised i haven't heard from them,,,, he must have text a dozens times last week to ask stuff ;)
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Enjoy your night out and well done re the Air BnB income and fab holiday booking skills..you're on fire!!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 26 July 2016 at 3:46PM
    Options
    Thanks Brizzle, I did enjoy the night out but didn't enjoy the headache the next day.. :(

I'm on nights this week, so after a pleasant night shift i have managed less than 3 hours sleep. Next door have had a roofer to replace the smaller roof area which attaches to out side my bedroom :(

will try and get an hour shortly.. never been good at 2 part sleeping..

Better news is it is still double discount at OH's place of work so after his eye test this am... he has ordered TWO new pairs of glasses for £79.50. his last ones cost over £400 about 5 + years ago.

Don't need food... haven't eaten much of the last lot..

DD2 started started her new job yesterday :T :T :T.... it's taken 9 months to sort out.. timing impeccable (not) at least she can work for 6 weeks.

Naughty lodger owes us rent from last week... changed employer, so i have been promised it today. @irbnb still strong... even with our hefty outgoings we are on target to pay off car loan by 1st September... with the aim to free up £400 to go to mortgage at the end of September... gosh that does sound like a lot :o
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done, you're doing so well with the guests, even with buying a car for your DD..go you!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Well sleep deprivation got the better of me :(

Yesterday after only 1 hours sleep, 9 am, the roofer started his hammering.... So i put my head out of the window to say ... i'm still on nights and your still depriving me.. and it's utterly utterly awful... my neighbour heard me and said sorry she didn't realise. Offered me a room .. etc.... I begged roofer to come later in the day so at least I can sleep in the mornings. they plan to do this 3ft by 15ft space by Saturday..

By 2pm I was a frazzled, raving and tearful... oh yeah and erratic.. not my finest moment... knocked on the neighbour's door and pleaded with her to make this stop... I said how inconsiderate I believed this to be as they know my OH works permanent night shifts and it's just by bad luck that I'm on them too.. I carried on to say he suffered 18 months of disturbed sleep when they were refurbishing the house 2 years before and I did know how he tolerated it, and when we had one job to do last year because it was a Sunday her husband complained. We would have appreciated warning or compromise for a prolonged period of hammering. She looked like she was stuck in a wind tunnel with my distress.. But the hammering stopped.. managed about 3 hours sleep after that..

I don't know what I will be going home to this morning. I'm hoping the banging doesn't start until lunchtime.. only one night left for me but 3 more for OH.

Thank heavens pay day cheered me up..
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Blimey you poor thing :( I hope,they hurry up and finish whatever it is they are doing next door!

Well done on the air Bnb, it's a massive success by the sounds of it :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 30 July 2016 at 11:20AM
    Options
    Today has been really quiet apart from their hoover... now i feel guilty... but I couldn't tolerate the lack of sleep any longer... i'd be no good in a torture chamber..i'd sell my soul :o

Newgirly, using our house to pay for it self has been a phenomenal boost... the lodgers regular income and the extra from bnb has been fabulous to pay things off.. i do snaffle to odd £30 if feeling it's needed.. but that's only because i don't want to reduce savings too much.

I've paid my personal OP to the car loan today of £200, 1st of 2 OP of £100 to mortgage (personal payment) and £60 to 0% CC.

I still feel a bit of a spend thrift at times. I'm sure our budgets could work better for themselves. But I suppose that's our entertainment side of things.

Today we have walked to mr m... their suitcases were cheaper than my OH work place, Even further reduced cabin bag for £10... and a bigger case for DD1 at £15... she travels on Sunday and informed us our suitcase that she borrowed last year is broken.

Vodafone have refunded me £21 from May 2015 when I was miss sold a phone and returned it within a week... I spent months after the money they took from my bank account.. fobbed off so many times i gave up.. nice surprise :D

So now relaxing on the sofa with OH.. watching Christmas movies
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback