In the nick of time

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Its been a fantastic week AFK, another £20 yesterday, Sent to the CC this morning.

Payday Wednesday, now I didn't make personal extra mortgage payments this month due to OH's birthday and that I am being paid OT rather than 2nd job pay. SO I'm making myself accountable on here to pay my normal OP of £100 plus an extra £200 on payday to the mortgage.. these do go in March's figures and not April.

I do have extra shift booked in for next weekend so will start April off with that. Our lodger still owes us £20... I hope he's not going to start those type of shenanigans!! I need him to keep the momentum going whilst I get the CC and car loan cleared.

3 night airbnb for 2 different guests at the weekend. OH planning to do all of the prep this afternoon whilst I am in work for both sets of bedding...

We do have the car booked in on the 18th.. (£100 cost after earlier palaver) its rattle is getting quite loud now and quite worrisome to drive. We have been assured it won't cause harm, but now extra trips, I've bought a bus ticket this week as it's closer to home but OH works nights about 12 miles away with limited public transport so we are keeping our fingers crossed.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Oh well pay day came and before I even got out of bed it was spent :D

Mortgage, CC, DD2's pocket money, saving accounts, entertainment account and car fund.
    mmmmm think that leaves us £250 for food and petrol ..oops but debt wise it's great :D Will do totals after mortgage and car loan goes out.

OH has lifts for work the next 2 weeks so little petrol will be needed, and I (of course) get the bus :D:D we are a bit worried about he cars death rattle :(

I'm taking our little dog to be micro chipped in the morning... just a tenner, I was unsuccessful at finding a freebee and thought I'd better just get on with it.

A few weeks ago I mentioned I'd accepted an offer from Vod@fone to change my home broadband. Well today's the day. I did plug it in this morning before work as instructed but forgot to turn it on!!
    Anyhow switched it on waited about 10 mins and by 5pm I had much faster internet :D:D

Off tomorrow and Friday as working the weekend again, so tomorrow's jobs are phone vod@fone and ask for the free N@w Tv that hasn't materialised, phone $ky and try and get a few quid knocked off my deal.. and phone EE and ask why my OH's phone is always £10 more than it should be. It's in my name so it may just be adding a bit more internet. Asking him to monitor usage fell flat, He only knows how to get to $ky sports internet page.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My DH is the same, flies close to his data usage every month whereas I hardly use mine. He knows he will incur my wrath if the bill goes over though! :rotfl:
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh well pay day came and before I even got out of bed it was spent :D.
    Payday should be called paying out day!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Definitely SJ... I did pause for a few seconds and think "does the CC really need £300?" and "Do I really have to OP another £200 to the mortgage?" But the figures are coming down so well I just did it quickly.

I'd better meal plan a bit more SW is kind of expensive when my teenager is using all of my fruit and yoghurts for smoothies.

DFOD he is absolutely useless with technology.. I asked him to post ebay parcels the other day told him exactly what to do for in post the day before.. couldn't do it. We spent extra £9 sending the biggest parcel ....

We have an extra 3 night booking for next week, that'll put him to work :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 2 April 2016 at 9:58AM
    Options
    March done and dusted. :D

Mortgage today is £177600. which is £1400 off the balance of last month. Interest is down £11.43 a day

Car loan today is at £4383 (£208 pcm)

CC is coming down quickly as any other income gets thrown at it. @irbnb has picked up and we currently are in profit of about £1000. We are booked with a few longer stays in April then May and June block booked. This means I'll still pay CC £300 per month but the extras will definitely have me down to £800 in August when most of the 0% runs out. There is another £850 which does run out until December so no need to balance transfer or use my EF :D

Since I started this diary in November our debt reduction in just under £9000. :D

Back to work this afternoon and not off until next Saturday. I've a double shift tomorrow to earn a bit extra.. but I'm thinking of stopping them for a while. I feel a bit blurgh with work. When I'm there it's ok, maybe its the post days off blues. I need to finish off paper work and I just can't get motivated. I bit some the other day and now the memory stick won't open so I may have to repeat it. The sooner it's done my work life will improve as less hassle to do stuff, just more accountable :eek: :eek:
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Wow you have done amazingly tackling the debt and mortgage! Fantastic progress, well done! The airbnb seems to be working so well for you as well!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Thanks Jodles, it's going in the right direction currently :D

It's our 25 wedding anniversary next year so we've decided not to holiday this year and have a biggy next year :) brief look at one idea was fly into New Orleans, visit Memphis and Nashville 9 night coach travel £1099 pp. I will look around though and see what we can do nearer the time.

We stopped doing the lottery last year and I increased our mortgage payments with the extra cash. NOw my husband has done the same numbers since the start.. he stopped last when the further changes were introduced. He would have got 5 numbers a couple of weeks ago and won just £15!!!
    Go us, we are better than the lottery :j
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 9 April 2016 at 10:09AM
    Options
    Hmmmm the week that was,....

I'm feeling a bit tired this evening, long working week, lack of sleep last night and only due one day off which is tomorrow. I have (as usual) agreed to do an extra shift after on Sunday after last weeks resolution not to do any extras until the autumn. I've another extra the week after next!! They have a busy time expected and certainly come in handy. I wouldn't have survived many previous years without them so they'll be used wisely.

My purse disappeared this week... now I rarely (and didn't) have any money in there as I've been counting pennies for so long, however I contactless bank card and CC was a worry. Thankfully no damage. But the purse was bought for me by my mum, she's quite frail now and won't make it to the shops again. its a fossil one and cost around £40 a good few years ago, and a MAC lipstick my daughter bought me the year before last. I'd only just ran out of all the others and started to use it. I have gloss ones but they're not great for everyday. So I lost it between work and home... can't blame anyone but myself.. if it was work I should have locked it away... bus home, I don't think was opportunity, at home (no airbnb) and no stuff bought with contactless card or credit card. Think seen no cash and maybe chucked it :(

Airbnb busy this week, a couple of good reviews... however they want another table to eat off and maybe cloths to clean their dishes. I suppose I'll buy a hairdryer. :D:D

Well TBH we are going to buy another table to study from... well a desk for the next guest (8 days £220 for us) ... but today I've figured the wardrobes in the walk-in.. (not that grand) are from IKe@. a few years ago they had a side board that could be upright shelves or TV units... We can do that with the wardrobes.. Free :D will need castors or such like and fingers crossed a work station :D If not I will still check out charity shops

Will change signature to reflect payments. lodger half paid today (mortgage) but all bnb stuff goes off CC :D I need to summon up energy to pay :)
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    forgot to say ....

after buying cheap computer and office, friend putting window 10 on external hard drive, then losing ALLLLL computer memory....

the broken external hard drive has been accessed.... Our photos are safe YAAAAY

Cost £91.20 plus new memory drive doodaa.... will look for cheaper than extra £40 quoted (£131.20))

Should've bought a better computer

Good job I'm doing extra shifts.... pheeew
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback