🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

In the nick of time

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Thanks :D it will be loads of work, but it feels more real now. I'll have to go back to working a 5 day week most likely, one being for study 80/20 rule. When the team changes happen, which won't likely be for months, I will probably stop working nights which will mean a bit less pay. I will embrace it …. It will be the push to pay down these cards while I can.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    My days off have been marred with a stinking cold. I was going to visit my older brother yesterday, but seen as he's been in hospital twice with heart failure I cancelled my visit.

I hoping I don't get much worse. I'm due on nights from tonight until Monday. I haven't had sick time for almost 2 years and this is likely to be a busy weekend. Sleep was shocking last night 4 hours. I was up at 5 to start the day. (gravity helps with the stuffiness :o ) I'm also hoping by 3pm I'll be tucked back up in bed to get a pre work nap :D

Payday tomorrow. OT is include :D Were as usually we would get a top up shop, we need THE Christmas shop. I did half of it last week. Will get more :eek: we have run out of laundry detergent otherwise I would leave it. I'm going to bite the bullet :D

Both girls have had extra cash off me in the last few months, however I feel mean with their little present piles. I'm still waiting for an online order to pad things out a little.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,980 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope the cold clears up quickly so you can cope at work mfd’s x
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    thank you NG, I'm wrapped in a blanket drinking peppermint tea after my morning shopping. I managed a few good half price items in Aldi... that rarely happens in our local store whole chicken £1.35, 2 Cod loin 50%, and bread and rolls. I'm having to cook the chicken as there is no room in the freezer !!!
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well done on the job! Sounds like you have been super busy, no wonder ou have gotten poorly you poor thing! I hope the nights flyby and you are all better for Christmas!!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    HI Jodles ,
    My night shifts usually fly by but feeling under the weather has made me miserable... I actually felt my old self about 4am and cheerful... thankfully. So I will go to work tonight feeling positive not martyr-ish ;) 8pm til 4am, only 8 hrs not 11 :T:T:T

A parcel from @sos missing. tomorrow will be 7 days so I can chase it then :( only token gifts in but I don't want to spend more replacing them. I want to sit on my happy little pots of cash and stare at them in full without them dwindling

DD2 appears to be going overboard with gifts. I'm just worried I'll have to loan her money again when she runs out ;)

Being in work mode all week and in a head cold fog, I need to see what I need to buy to get through. I think we have it all.... maybe we need wine and a dessert. I'm the only one who likes xmas pud but we are always too full to eat it :o
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 December 2019 at 10:46AM
    Options
    This cold seems to have revisited this morning. I'm hoping being upright will help shift the stuffiness. I have a sticky eye too urrrrggggh

Anyhow, OH been and bought more food :eek: I went and bought more presents :o I got mum some jaegar tights and a nice scarf from TKm, DD2 a brush hair styler. DD1 a carry on suitcase. DD1 has a dozen work trips this year :eek: overnighters and her previous case we bought for her when she was about 17. so 8 years ago.

All the present joy and warmth was sucked out of me when she asked me to loan her money for a dress to a ball !! I know.... 2020 I WILL be saying no . I feel that we have finished our shopping, I have paid all the ccs and utilities that are not on DD. for me it will be top up shops and petrol in January.

We have 2 older sets of lights on the dining room tree, one set has blown the main bulb. None to be had at the shops my OH went to this am so I will move the others around later.

My sister and niece are supposed to be visiting for a cuppa this afternoon. GD is due shortly for us to watch her while DD1 is making peoples hair pretty. …. ooo I may walk to co-op to get a jar of mincemeat to make pies :D

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Oh , Aso$ parcel did not arrive. They said give it to the end of xmas eve!!! anyhow I wont keep it. When D£benhams didn't arrive they got onto herm£s and sent an immediate replacement. The £32 will go towards my overspend yesterday :o
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    Grrr to kids wanting loans!!

Well done on a great year of being MSE and have a fantastic 2020

Brizzle x
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    And just read about your mum... just catching up, sorry. It’s hard but am sure you’ve made the right decision and, as you’ say, she seems to be in a good place.

Hope 2020 is a good year for you and all the family
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    I look forward Brizzle, not back (that's a lie :o ) My sister has taken her the gifts. I will get a face time this afternoon :D But yes, she is looked after well in a home environment. I am not the only sibling estranged... but I had her local to me for 47 years … all of my other siblings have lived away or not been around for either all or most of there adult lives... My sister who came yesterday calls it my sabbatical... slightly far fetched but, I'm ok with it :)

All present opened :D Turkey in the oven :D Ham cooked yesterday :D Pigs in blankets cooking too.

It's all quite organised. DD2 thrilled with her Greta book :T:T:T
    I have been gifted a 2 night hotel stay from OH :T:T:T
    oh and Elton autobiography
    and Jane MacDonald autobiography :rotfl:

we await our little whirlwind and DD1s arrival at 12 :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure