Feedback on Resolver.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flight Delay Compensation
506 replies 240.5K views

Replies

• theboylardtheboylard Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Brief summary - bought meal+McFlurry at McDonalds, only 2 monoply stickers instead of the 9 I should have had.
    Complained in resturaant, told they had run out of of promo stock - competition still had 5 days to go!

Complaint form online at www.McDonalds.co.uk, email back the next day fobbing me off.

Joined resolver, same complaint, email back 5 days later advising they don't deal with complaint handling services, only direct.

Thus far, not overly impressed.
    4kWp, SSE, 16 x 250w EcoFuture BoB with retro-fitted SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
  • I am very happy with Resolver.

I have been complaining to Scottish Power since 18th February, via email and phone...Getting nowhere, just being fobbed off and passed around.
    I found Resolver today and contacted Scottish Power around 1PM, by 4.30PM I had a response not only waiving my £60 exit fee, but offering me a £40 goodwill payment as well...

I couldn't be happier, 4 hour response time and a very positive outcome!
  • edited 16 June 2015 at 9:38AM
    jrcs1981jrcs1981 Forumite
    2 posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    edited 16 June 2015 at 9:38AM
    I started using resolver to help me get my finances back of track, I never could keep up with letters and emails are always hard to track. I had complained to Lowell in writing last year and never had a response, I used resolver and within a week Lowell had apologised and agreed to close and settle in full five accounts totaling £1775. Thanks resolver for making it so easy and user friendly. And thank you to James on the support team for answering my queries.
    Debt free wannabe - Over £5508 of Debt Written off or cleared in my first month. :T:T:T
    Default free by 2020 - I use resolver.co.uk to help communicate with my creditors. Its easy, free and supported by MSE.:money:

Update Jan17 -- Debt down to £4500 from £14k when I started...:T
  • Just used Resolver to claim delay compensation for a Singapore Airlines flight. They replied within one day to say they will pay me 300Euros. Like Resolver a lot - easy to send a complaint/service query and the notifications are useful. Very impressed!
  • dojodojo Forumite
    17 posts
    I was going on holiday 2 weeks ago and wanted to pay money into a Nationwide account. The cashier was extremely rude and abrupt and basically refused to take my money because it was bagged up with £1 coins and 50p coins and some notes. She grumbled and was just quite horrible. Anyway on my return from holiday I saw this Resolver on here and thought I will use it to complain. ALL good news. They compensated me £75 and an apology letter. It took 4 days in all. The area and district manager called me and have advised me that the person in question will be talked with and will receive extensive customer service training.
  • MrJesterMrJester Forumite
    1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Made a few complains through Resolver now. EE one saw me get £20 compensation and a better deal.

Currently awaiting a full reply from Barclays about mis selling of packaged accounts, as of tomorrow it will be 8 weeks and I may need to escalate to ombudsman. I haven't had an official reply to my claim, only had a couple of texts saying "Your complaint is important to us"..

So far like resolver. Companies rely on you to not bother following up with letters etc, but resolver allows me to keep every dialogue in one place.
  • tracylou wrote: »
    Hi westyuk,

My claim with Thomson for a 20+ hour delay in 2011 was going nowhere, so after 18 months of emails and letters with no proper responses, I decided to try Resolver as a last resort before handing over to Botts.

I received a cheque 3 weeks later for the full amount and was very happy with the outcome.

So good luck with your claim and please let us know how you get on.:)

I'm happy to report that I received cheques this morning and can close the case with Resolver. I will recommend and use this simple and effective site again 👍🏼
  • tracyloutracylou Forumite
    55 posts
    Well done westyuk, that's a great result from Resolver once again, and in just under a month.

I can't praise them enough and can't understand why more people don't use their services. It's absolutely free and they do get results.

Congratulations and well done, :beer: :j. :T.
  • This is all brilliant info...thanks...EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF INFO IS TELLING ME TO WRITE A LETTER TO THE AIRLINE INVOLVED----Not one piece of info to tell me how to get an address for the airline..I have been trailing the internet for 2 hours trying to find out an address for easyjet complaints.. I must be missing something. :-(
  • John90 wrote: »
    This is all brilliant info...thanks...EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF INFO IS TELLING ME TO WRITE A LETTER TO THE AIRLINE INVOLVED----Not one piece of info to tell me how to get an address for the airline..I have been trailing the internet for 2 hours trying to find out an address for easyjet complaints.. I must be missing something. :-(

Hangar 89
    London Luton Airport
    Bedfordshire, UK
    LU2 9PD
    Arctic Monkeys :j