New Post Advanced Search

Feedback on Resolver.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flight Delay Compensation
504 replies 240.5K views

Replies

• nonos05nonos05 Forumite
    12 posts
    I used Resolver tool to claim a compensation for a Turkish airlines flight delay of 8 hours from Manchester to Cairo. I didn't get any response for a month and resolver emailed me to remind me I need to escalate, I escalated using Resolver and again didn't get a response for a month. I started to think this tool is just virtual ! but still followed the reminder email to escalate. This time, I got a response within few days and it was for 600 euros compensation :)). I had a trouble though making a journey to Heathrow airport only for getting the money as it has to be from Turkish airlines tickets office in the airport. Eventually got there but after waiting for good 2 hours, they said they haven't got enough cash !!!! and offered to pay into my bank account within 10 days.
  • GrumpelstiltskinGrumpelstiltskin Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • VaubanVauban Forumite
    4.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone else feel a little bit played?
  • MrJesterMrJester Forumite
    1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Vauban wrote: »

Not really. At the end of the day, Martin is making his way like we all are. I don't believe he decides on anything for this community unless theres a benefit in it for us.

What exactly are we losing out on here? Happy for Martin if he gets some positive return after all he has done for us moneysavers! :money:
  • GrumpelstiltskinGrumpelstiltskin Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭

I must be careful what I say I don't want banning but.....I am a born cynic and from the beginning of this thread I felt alarm bells ringing.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • edited 6 May 2015 at 8:20AM
    NoviceAngelNoviceAngel Forumite
    2.3K posts
    edited 6 May 2015 at 8:20AM

Yes, just a little.....

I take it, you won't be giving resolver 'Vaubans Guide' ?

Sad thing is that many sites, including this one start off as a community and a co-operative...

The smart ones, turn it into a money making opportunity, I'm very uncomfortable about this whole thread.

There were many at the time when Martin sold MSE, that were outraged, saying that MSE was a community, sadly it wasn't it was a carefully crafted profitable business and could be sold as such.

We have to remember that MSE is a huge profitable business and we (members) are the reason for its success we are the proverbial pawns that do the work for the shareholders.

This thread? Perhaps a little disingenuous :(

EDIT :- any paid jobs going at Resolver ???
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • NoviceAngelNoviceAngel Forumite
    2.3K posts
    I have never heard of them! Is this an MSE endorsement?

Funny how Vaubans very first question was never answered?
    I've also never heard of them, FREE SERVICE - It doesn't feel right!

I'd say claim yourself, if you don't want the hassle then Bott & Co are the way to go, surely MSE owe them the recognition that is due in the Huzar case?

Make that two early questions unanswered :silenced:
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • westyuk_2westyuk_2 Forumite
    15 posts
    I tried a compensation claim with Monarch for a flight in 2012 that was delayed for 7hrs due to a mechanical failure on the engine.

After lots of letters and then a big knock back from Monarch I gave up!

In view of the recent court cases and publicity I have decided to resurrect the claim and have used resolver to attempt what I orginally failed to do.

So far I have logged the initial phonecall with Monarch and sent an email with the EU Claim form attached, all logged within Resolver.

I will keep this post updated on how I fair.
  • tracyloutracylou Forumite
    55 posts
    Hi westyuk,

My claim with Thomson for a 20+ hour delay in 2011 was going nowhere, so after 18 months of emails and letters with no proper responses, I decided to try Resolver as a last resort before handing over to Botts.

I received a cheque 3 weeks later for the full amount and was very happy with the outcome.

So good luck with your claim and please let us know how you get on.:)
  • I have used this tool to make a complaint about a Homebase product that I feel was sold not as described on their website. It took a couple of weeks of email tennis to customer services before it was escalated by the tool to the operations director. At this point they called me and closed the case with the offer of £150 gift card.