New Post Advanced Search

Feedback on Resolver.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flight Delay Compensation
505 replies 240.5K views

Replies

• Hi, really hoping someone can help..........

I had a cancelled flight (Vueling airlines) within the EU back in September which I was not informed about at any point of my travelling..... The airline put me on an alternative route flight at the same time leaving me at an airport I had never heard of and miles from my destination. From then I had to get a bus, train and taxi which took 5 hours in total...... not to mention the very stressful and dangerous position it left me in.

I complained to Vueling in October twice (online and mail)
    I then complained via mail to the airline governing body in November

I still havent had a response from any of them.

I have been on resolver website and they dont seem to deal with Vueling airlines........

Could anybody advise me what my next step would be to at least get a response from someone, don't know where to go next.

Any help would be appreciated :j
  • gemma2015 wrote: »

Could anybody advise me what my next step would be to at least get a response from someone, don't know where to go next.

Any help would be appreciated :j

Hi Gemma,

Welcome to our world of flight delays, start by reading Vaubans guide, it will answer all your questions

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • I had drafted a compensation letter previously with BMIbaby (8 hour delay) and was rejected pending the outcome of the court case.

Just saw the headline for the flight delay update and thought I'd try again but it turns out that BMIbaby went bust in 2012.

I assume that this is the end of the road for any potential compensation case? :cool:
  • edited 29 January 2015 at 8:18PM
    richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 January 2015 at 8:18PM
    gtd2000 wrote: »
    ...... it turns out that BMIbaby went bust in 2012.

I assume that this is the end of the road for any potential compensation case? :cool:

They didn't.
    It isn't.

Do a search of these threads and read more about bmi baby and Vauban's guide.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • edited 29 January 2015 at 8:41PM
    gtd2000gtd2000 Forumite
    81 posts
    edited 29 January 2015 at 8:41PM
    richardw wrote: »
    They didn't.
    It isn't.

Do a search of these threads and read more about bmi baby and Vauban's guide.

Thank you for the info - I'll have a look and see :beer:
    Reading this now:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5042802
  • batvinkbatvink Forumite
    129 posts
    It seems like an interesting concept. If the company messes you around, Resolver will log them as a difficult business to deal with...

Why are we free?
    resolver is a free service, both for the consumer and for businesses to use. But why are we free? The aim of resolver is to ensure consumers get better service. Our process allows us to measure how good businesses are at delivering customer service, and we sell this ranking information to businesses as an insight into how well they or their competitors are performing.

We do this by using anonymous 'normalised' data, so that your personal data remains secure and private. Our focus is always to help consumers to get a better service and we will always help get your voice heard.
    Thanks in advance,

Steve V
  • Resolver worked for me. I was having no success with Thomson for a 20+ hour delay in Sept 2011.

Contacted Resolver on 28th Jan and today received a cheque for €600.87p. The enclosed letter was dated 18th Feb which means it took Resolver only three weeks to achieve what I couldn't in nearly 18 months.

Their services are absolutely free and very easy to use so I would recommend them without hesitation.
  • tracylou wrote: »
    Resolver worked for me. I was having no success with Thomson for a 20+ hour delay in Sept 2011.

Contacted Resolver on 28th Jan and today received a cheque for €600.87p. The enclosed letter was dated 18th Feb which means it took Resolver only three weeks to achieve what I couldn't in nearly 18 months.

Their services are absolutely free and very easy to use so I would recommend them without hesitation.

Hi tracyloo,

What did resolver actually do? Did they write a legal letter to the airline on your behalf?

I'm overjoyed that yet another forum member has received what is rightfully theirs, but I'm not sure what part resolver played in it all ?

Could you expand?

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Hi tracyloo,

What did resolver actually do? Did they write a legal letter to the airline on your behalf?

I'm overjoyed that yet another forum member has received what is rightfully theirs, but I'm not sure what part resolver played in it all ?

Could you expand?

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    Hi NoviceAngel,

To be honest, I'm not sure how it works. All I had to do was type out all the details of my claim, they make it look more official but It needs to be checked for errors. I found a few sections where the same sentence was repeated but you have the opportunity to edit the final draft before its sent.

I got the usual auto response, then 2 days later a proper letter-type email
    (It had my name and address on top) saying they were considering my claim. Resolver then escalated my claim and I can only assume they have access to another email address because the letter confirming my claim was written one week later.

I know people have their doubts about this company, but it appears to have worked in my case. Whether I would have got the compensation anyway without their intervention, I'll never know now, but I'm glad I did. There was no risk involved and I got my money in the end.

�� Cheers.
  • glentoran99glentoran99 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I gather it just gathers the information and collates it and send it to the airline, If its free then why not but im not sure they would have any success with Jet 2 for example, Or indeed any more success that following vaubans guide