New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Feedback on Resolver.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flight Delay Compensation
514 replies 243.7K views

Replies

• edited 26 November 2014 at 7:37PM
    NoviceAngelNoviceAngel Forumite
    2.3K posts
    edited 26 November 2014 at 7:37PM
    111KAB wrote: »
    There is a guy in Nigeria keeps sending me emails wanting my bank details as he says he owes me money - I haven't sent the details yet.

What are you waiting for? :D

I recently helped my dad sell his car in a popular auto 'seller' magazine. Needless to say, I went along with the Nigerian emails, and they even posted a cheque, postmarked in the UK, that had TWICE the full asking price, the potential buyer said that it was a mistake by his secretary and told me to deposit the cheque with my bank and send him a cheque for the excess amount, Jet2 just perhaps you could learn a thing or too! - Your customers are not stupid.

EDIT - for anybody not familiar with this type of scam - a fake cheque from a foreign bank will technically clear in the UK(funds available), before the Nigerian bank bounce it back! Your cheque for the cars value would be cashed before your bank inform you that the fake Nigerian cheque has bounced! - Your account would then be debited with the value of the fake cheque.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Last month, I was travelling from London Heathrow to Bali, with a connection at Abu Dhabhi and Kuala Lumpur with Etihad Airlines. The flight from Heathrow was delayed an hour, which meant I missed my connection at Abu Dhabi, and subsequently my connection from KL. Although the flight was delayed by only an hour, it meant that I arrived in Bali 12 hours later than scheduled.
    I had written to Etihad via letter to explain the inconvenience that had been caused by the delay in my flight arrival in Bali. I had no reply for 4 weeks. I then stumbled across Resolver and thought to give it a go. Within 6 hours of sending my email via Resolver, I got an acknowledgement email from Etihad, and 2 days later I have received an email stating that although Etihad aren't able to give me any compensation ("EU261\2004 compensation would apply if a flight is delayed for 04 hours or more departing from an EU country"), they have offered me some airmiles. Not ideal, but still appreciated the quick response from the airline. I would definitely recommend using Resolver rather than snail mail.
  • Vauban wrote: »
    Thanks for coming back to us on this, but I am none the wiser about whether your claim has been settled or not. You said it took Revolver a day to confirm that you were owed €600 and that you had to write to them to provide your bank details for payment. I find this a bit odd to say the least (unless I have misunderstood) but let us know how you get on.

It was not resolver who emailed me. It was the airline. Resolver is simply a platform to contact the company with which you have an issue. I do not think it has anything to do with Nigerian scams either as posted on this thread. The details were sent to the airline at Manchester airport. Saying that I have not heard back from them so I think I will chase it up today and see what is happening.
  • 111KAB wrote: »
    If you misunderstood Vauban so did I. Anyone can say you are owed €600 - getting it is a slightly different matter.

There is a guy in Nigeria keeps sending me emails wanting my bank details as he says he owes me money - I haven't sent the details yet.
    This has nothing whatsoever to do with Nigerians sending emails. The email was sent from the airline. I am aware that getting the money is an entirely different matter and if Resolver cannot settle this matter it does not preclude me pursuing other avenues.
  • Scotia55 wrote: »
    I do not think it has anything to do with Nigerian scams either as posted on this thread.

Reading things back nobody suggested that Resolver had anything to do with a Nigerian scam, but good look with your claim with them.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • stewbstewb Forumite
    11 posts
    I used Resolver to lodge a complaint with Thomson re flight delays from 2011. It was easy to use, but email response from Thomson said it was wrong address and provided a separate email address to respond to. I then copied all the info into a new email to that address, not via resolver, and that email bounced back. I have now submitted a claim via an online form on the Thomson website.
  • Reading things back nobody suggested that Resolver had anything to do with a Nigerian scam, but good look with your claim with them.

Thank you NoviceAngel. Received an email today saying they have processed 475 quid and I should have it in 7-21 days. I will keep an eye on the bank account with interest and will post here if and when I actually receive it. I found Resolver very easy to use and it keeps all your correspondence in one place. Bear in mind it is not just for flight delay compensation so if I have any issues in the future I would use this site. And again, no I do not work for Resolver or have any connection with it at all. I simply thought it is a good site and was worth a try.
  • stewb wrote: »
    I used Resolver to lodge a complaint with Thomson re flight delays from 2011. It was easy to use, but email response from Thomson said it was wrong address and provided a separate email address to respond to. I then copied all the info into a new email to that address, not via resolver, and that email bounced back. I have now submitted a claim via an online form on the Thomson website.

Good luck with the online form for Thomson. I complained to them via their website back in June and after a couple of phone calls months ago heard nothing back from them. I have lodged a complaint via Resolver and received an automated reply from Thomson simply saying they had received it. Resolver has now escalated this case so will see what happens.
  • Vauban wrote: »
    Thanks for coming back to us on this, but I am none the wiser about whether your claim has been settled or not. You said it took Revolver a day to confirm that you were owed €600 and that you had to write to them to provide your bank details for payment. I find this a bit odd to say the least (unless I have misunderstood) but let us know how you get on.
    Just to let you know that we have received our delayed flight compensation from Etihad and have closed our file with Resolver. It certainly worked for us.
  • VaubanVauban Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that's a really good result - well done.