New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Feedback on Resolver.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flight Delay Compensation
503 replies 240.1K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flight Delay Compensation
If you've used company Resolver to submit your flight delay/cancellation claim to an airline, please let us know your feedback on the company's service below.

Resolver has a free online flight delay compensation claim system that will guide you through the process and let you know when and how to escalate automatically.

Thanks.

Replies

• VaubanVauban Forumite
    4.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Helen wrote: »
    If you've used company Resolver to submit your flight delay/cancellation claim to an airline, please let us know your feedback on the company's service below.

Resolver has a free online flight delay compensation claim system that will guide you through the process and let you know when and how to escalate automatically.

Thanks.

I have never heard of them! Is this an MSE endorsement?
  • richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From http://www.resolver.co.uk/news/cancelled-and-delayed-flights-your-compensation-rights they say

"If the airline rejects your issue, then you can send your case to the Civil Aviation Authority, which can assess your complaint and provide comment on whether or not the airline should pay out. Only then should you consider a claims management company."

So you use resolver, get excited about compensation to help pay January's post Christmas credit card bill, the airline fob you off, you go to the CAA, wait months for their 'enforcement' e mail, send this to the airline, airline fobs you off again, exasperated you go to a CMC and wonder why you just didn't read Vauban's guide in the first place.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • I used resolver yesterday to claim for a delayed flight from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. Received reply today saying we were owed EUR600. However, no email address to send requested banking information so it will have to be snail mail.
  • GrumpelstiltskinGrumpelstiltskin Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scotia55 wrote: »
    I used resolver yesterday to claim for a delayed flight from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. Received reply today saying we were owed EUR600. However, no email address to send requested banking information so it will have to be snail mail.

Well the fastest resolution ever.

Scotia It's impossible for the case to be resolved overnight, either you are working for Resolver and are trying to push them , or they are a scam, or you have misunderstood their reply.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • Vauban wrote: »
    I have never heard of them! Is this an MSE endorsement?

I've also never heard of them, FREE SERVICE - It doesn't feel right!

I'd say claim yourself, if you don't want the hassle then Bott & Co are the way to go, surely MSE owe them the recognition that is due in the Huzar case?

Perhaps MSE ought to think about endorsing the services of Bott & Co - they have proved beyond doubt, that they are more than capable of handling the EC261/2004 regs on behalf of passengers that will struggle with the legal process..

I have to say - I have never used the services of Bott & Co , and obviously I'm not connected to them in any way, but simply reading the forum posts tells their story..
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Well the fastest resolution ever.

Scotia It's impossible for the case to be resolved overnight, either you are working for Resolver and are trying to push them , or they are a scam, or you have misunderstood their reply.

I did not say the case was resolved overnight. I simply stated they had responded to my email. I do not work for Resolver neither am I trying to push them. I did my research on this website and thought I would try it. I would also hope I can manage to read an email and understand what it says. If they are a scam I do not see what they can gain. It does not charge for it's service. Perhaps Resolver also misled Parliament where it was mentioned recently. It is also a member of Trading Standards.
  • VaubanVauban Forumite
    4.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not say the case was resolved overnight. I simply stated they had responded to my email.

Thanks for coming back to us on this, but I am none the wiser about whether your claim has been settled or not. You said it took Revolver a day to confirm that you were owed €600 and that you had to write to them to provide your bank details for payment. I find this a bit odd to say the least (unless I have misunderstood) but let us know how you get on.
  • Vauban wrote: »
    Thanks for coming back to us on this, but I am none the wiser about whether your claim has been settled or not. You said it took Revolver a day to confirm that you were owed €600 and that you had to write to them to provide your bank details for payment. I find this a bit odd to say the least (unless I have misunderstood) but let us know how you get on.
    This claim has not yet been settled but I did receive another email from a different person. I will leave it another few days and then chase it up. Not sure what it is you find odd. Can you elaborate please.
  • VaubanVauban Forumite
    4.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    This claim has not yet been settled but I did receive another email from a different person. I will leave it another few days and then chase it up. Not sure what it is you find odd. Can you elaborate please.

When you wrote:
    "I used resolver yesterday to claim for a delayed flight from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. Received reply today saying we were owed EUR600. However, no email address to send requested banking information so it will have to be snail mail"

this suggested to me (I don't think unreasonably!) that Revolver had confirmed you had a valid claim and were requesting your bank details in order to pay compensation. But from what you now say, I think I must have misunderstood you.
  • 111KAB111KAB Forumite
    3.6K posts
    If you misunderstood Vauban so did I. Anyone can say you are owed €600 - getting it is a slightly different matter.

There is a guy in Nigeria keeps sending me emails wanting my bank details as he says he owes me money - I haven't sent the details yet.