New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Red Arrows

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
201 replies 16.2K views

Replies

• bryanbbryanb Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Buellguy wrote: »
    Not the ones we met at Waddington LOL. Although (I was army and worked Tri-service most of my career) the funniest was when being visited by a whole load of aircrew, my boss (Wing Commander ATT) pulled about 3 of them aside and asked them why they were wearing flying suits on a visit to an office environment. I was (semi) privy to the conversation that went somewhat along the lines of 'by coming in here dressed like that you are going specifically against the orders of your station commander, shall I just phone him now? Oh, and by the way, everyone out in that office thinks you look like a complete and utter c%^k, now on your next visit I expect to see you all in blues, GO AWAY, you are an embarrassment'

Left work with a smile on my face that day LOL (and I'm not just picking on the RAF, if an Army bloke had turned up in scruffy field kit or Navy in working rig they'd have got the same)

Had a similar experience in 71. We landed at Thorney island unexpectedly, and without our backup Hercules. All uniforms etc in the Herc carried on to base. We were forbidden to enter Sgts Mess to eat. SWO unbending in applying rules.
    The Gnat had no place to stow anything larger than a screwdriver BTW.
    This is an open forum, anyone can post and I just did !
  • BuellguyBuellguy Forumite
    629 posts
    bryanb wrote: »
    Had a similar experience in 71. We landed at Thorney island unexpectedly, and without our backup Hercules. All uniforms etc in the Herc carried on to base. We were forbidden to enter Sgts Mess to eat. SWO unbending in applying rules.
    The Gnat had no place to stow anything larger than a screwdriver BTW.

Nah, don't believe that LOL
  • edited 27 July 2014 at 9:23PM
    amistupidamistupid Forumite
    56K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 July 2014 at 9:23PM
    At 1550 hours today, we were sat in our back garden when the Red Arrows flew across directly above us!

Presumably they were leaving the Cleethorpe's air show and heading home?
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • I've never been to the air show or heard of it despite living in the north east for the last few years :o
    Tomorrow is the most important thing in life
  • Lincoln_ImpLincoln_Imp Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    amistupid wrote: »
    At 1550 hours today, we were sat in our back garden when the Red Arrows flew across directly above us!

Heading to Cleethorpes ,Their display started at exactly 16.00

Got some pics to post up when i get a minute
    Have a nice day :)
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    amistupid wrote: »

Nope I sorted that for you Adey :) Glad you enjoyed it!
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just watched the program on BBC2 Under the bubble. Really makes you appreciate how good those guys are......
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Heading to Cleethorpes ,Their display started at exactly 16.00

Got some pics to post up when i get a minute

I hear it started rolling display and switched to Full....was a rolling display at Sunderland this morning.
  • edited 28 July 2014 at 8:00AM
    amistupidamistupid Forumite
    56K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 July 2014 at 8:00AM
    colinw wrote: »
    Just watched the program on BBC2 Under the bubble. Really makes you appreciate how good those guys are......

The OH has just watched it, she said they fly as close as four feet from each other.

Which is closer than I can get to her when I feel randy. :)
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • nearlyrichnearlyrich Forumite
    13.7K posts
    Hung up my suit! Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just watched the documentary they are amazing...not sure I would cope with flying upside down myself.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]