Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

The Good Morning thread - Page 1150

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

The Good Morning thread

edited 8 September 2015 at 9:31PM in The Money Savers Arms
24K replies 917.6K views

Replies

• indesisivindesisiv Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Good morning all :hello:

Another warm day again today.
    Running late today due to having to queue to vote this morning! First time I have ever seen anyone in there at the same time, never mind queuing.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Ali1501Ali1501 Forumite
    27.3K posts
    Morning :hello:

I was naughty and went to get a bacon roll and coffee this morning :D Was good!
    I got food in my belly and a license for my telly
    And nothing's going to bring me down
  • edited 23 June 2016 at 9:01AM
    PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 June 2016 at 9:01AM
    colinw wrote: »
    Finest China!

tea-cup_1798148b.jpg

Well, that's the tea taken care of..........

Just seen that Mediaeval Jousting/History re-enactment thing that's opening at Bishops Auckland....looks terrific!
    Might be tempted to zoom up there to see it this summer! :cool:

Are you going to it , Colin? You could be my guinea pig! :D

Oh, forgot! Good Morning,
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    indesisiv wrote: »
    Good morning all :hello:

Another warm day again today.
    Running late today due to having to queue to vote this morning! First time I have ever seen anyone in there at the same time, never mind queuing.

I was there just before 7am, and was third in the queue. Then we saw a fox come out from between the buildings, stop suddenly when it saw the queue, look puzzled, then turn tail and disappear between the buildings again.
    The look on its face obviously said...." WT...?....But it's usually so quiet here at this time of the morning!" :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning Everyone from another sunny day in Newcastle :)

I will not be going to see some blokes playing with their lances :eek: :rotfl: mind I did used to have a fascination with that time period when I was younger.......
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    colinw wrote: »
    Morning Everyone from another sunny day in Newcastle :)

I will not be going to see some blokes playing with their lances :eek: :rotfl: mind I did used to have a fascination with that time period when I was younger.......

It looked jolly good on the TV. Not just jousting stuff, 2000 years of history! From Romans onwards!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting thing on the TV at the mo..........practising with inflatable dolphins, to prepare for future mass dolphin stranding incident.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joansgirljoansgirl Forumite
    17.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :hello:

I have sun :eek:
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • Good Morning all, it feels like a good day today, although the sun is still hiding, but my radio is playing 'Bye Bye Baby' by the Bay City Rollers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUwW108ITzw
  • BOBSBOBS Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Morning Noble Viking - we have woken up another day - food in my cupboard and a few pounds in my pocket - life is good.
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support