Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Things that made you smile - Page 209

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Things that made you smile

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
4.8K replies 277.1K views

Replies

• colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Jermaine Defoe getting a goal for England. I never thought I would be happy at a Sunderland player scoring for England but he is a class act, he has been brilliant with the young lad Bradley Lowery who has terminal cancer. Sunderland have had their fair share of scummy players lately but Defoe is a class act on and off the pitch.
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Johnny Lyndon being interviewed about his new book on the Simon Mayo show. Barmy but brilliant and entertaining and interesting.
  • DigForVictoryDigForVictory Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing the cherry trees right on the verge of blossom in town today. I'll miss the very start, but there's all next week to look forward to.
    (I adore cherry blossom. Wildly, absurdly generous, almost totally pointless and reduced to browning fluff in days, but heartbreaking beautiful in full fling.)
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing the cherry trees right on the verge of blossom in town today. I'll miss the very start, but there's all next week to look forward to.
    (I adore cherry blossom. Wildly, absurdly generous, almost totally pointless and reduced to browning fluff in days, but heartbreaking beautiful in full fling.)

Let's hope the petals aren't those flesh-eating ones.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And a VERY DIFFERENT kind of smile :(

The state of Arkansas is to execute 8 death-row inmates - 2 per day over 4 consecutive days in early April .......

..... because the required drugs are reaching their BEST BEFORE DATE !!!

Only in the USA

(11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Very good, but 2 hours and eleven minutes out of time! :rotfl:

I actually saw it just a few minutes after it was posted, well before I went to bed on "Friday" night.

Decided to post the link here during Saturday morning but had all sorts of laptop issues, an update to the anti-virus software overnight failed such that it had gone AWOL :(
    Still not properly resolved despite removal and re-installed TWICE :eek:

• PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quoia wrote: »
    I actually saw it just a few minutes after it was posted, well before I went to bed on "Friday" night.

Decided to post the link here during Saturday morning but had all sorts of laptop issues, an update to the anti-virus software overnight failed such that it had gone AWOL :(
    Still not properly resolved despite removal and re-installed TWICE :eek:

Aw! I can sympathise. I've been having internet probs too, and some when I was trying to post April Fool stuff.
    You're forgiven then!

And yes, it was funny!
    I wouldn't have minded helping to do the safety instructions! :rotfl:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quoia wrote: »
    And a VERY DIFFERENT kind of smile :(

The state of Arkansas is to execute 8 death-row inmates - 2 per day over 4 consecutive days in early April .......

..... because the required drugs are reaching their BEST BEFORE DATE !!!

Only in the USA

An "update" with yet another wry smile

Not sure if it is a little like "jury service" but apparently an execution requires 6 witnesses.

Again not 100% sure, but presumably this number excludes any/all medical staff, jailers, prison/state governor, police, priests, lawyers and maybe any family members of the inmate facing execution or those related to the crime(s) resulting in this punishment.

That being said, it looks like 6 members of the general public are required to VOLUNTEER :eek: to witness the execution and presumably you need a DIFFERENT 6 for each one ......

... because at present they cannot find enough people for all these to take place (only 1, maybe 2) in the time scale the state of Arkansas had planned