ccj's before ready to go BR

Like a Lady last week, I am struggling to raise the BR fees, if I get a ccj order before I file, what is the best way to handle it? Also will it have to be signed for when it arrives because I have moved & not told my creditors where I live. Thankyou:(

Comments

• spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Include them in the BR, pity you can not goad one in to issuing a statutory Demand, would save you all the hassle.
    Be happy...;)
  • Sars49
    Sars49 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Hi Spacey, I do intend to include any ccj's in my BR, but what I mean is, what do I do about them whilst I am saving to file?
  • Hi, how long has it been since you started missing payments? It took me 8 months to get the money together, in that time my creditors blew a lot of hot air about going to court but the reality was they just sold the debt on to some other debt collecting agency that blew the same hot air!

How long do you think it will take together the money together? Even if you get court papers you can delay things by waiting till the last minute to ask for more time. If the worst comes to the worst you will have to fill in a SOA for the court to work out how much you have to pay, if you are insolvent it's probably only going to be token amounts. The courts will be a lot more understanding of your financial position than the debt collectors ever were!

H x
  • Sars49
    Hello H, We have not paid any of them since the 1st July, however there are a lot of 'THEM', we have had a lot of expense moving house, so we think about another 6 to 8 weeks.

Thanks for responses.
  • I really don't think you need worry, even if they started court action tomorrow by the time you have asked the court for another 28 days they would have very little time to collect on the ccj. Have you set up a post redirection?
  • Sars49
    Yes done post redirection for 3 months, might extend it for another 3. Thanks again H.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure