Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

It's a Panda! 🐼🐼🐼🐼 - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

It's a Panda! 🐼🐼🐼🐼

edited 13 May at 1:33PM in The Money Savers Arms
1.2K replies 94.1K views

Replies

• ineedineed Forumite
    4.4K posts
    I've decided to do it next month :D, adopt a panda from San Diego zoo that is :p. I have my leopard through WWF and I get news letters about it, looks like you get all that with a panda through the zoo as well :).
    I SUPPORT CAT RESCUE! Visit Cat Chat to support cat rescue too.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much ~ Oscar Wilde
    No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness ~ Aristotle
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ineed wrote: »
    I've decided to do it next month :D, adopt a panda from San Diego zoo that is :p. I have my leopard through WWF and I get news letters about it, looks like you get all that with a panda through the zoo as well :).

Good for you ineed :T I am just watching the cub now. It is having a play fight with it's Mother. There is a good San Diego zoo app for the iphone / ipod as well that you can watch the pandas on.
  • ineedineed Forumite
    4.4K posts
    colinw wrote: »
    Good for you ineed :T I am just watching the cub now. It is having a play fight with it's Mother. There is a good San Diego zoo app for the iphone / ipod as well that you can watch the pandas on.

Oh cool thanks for the heads up I'll download it :).

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh cool thanks for the heads up I'll download it :).

Depends when you catch them as they do sleep a lot! and of course morning there is about 5pm here but I am watching them on the netbbok now at

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/pandacam/
  • ineedineed Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Depends when you catch them as they do sleep a lot! and of course morning there is about 5pm here but I am watching them on the netbbok now at

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/pandacam/

That link worked for me :), is the panda chewing the cage? :p awww.

• meritatenmeritaten
    24.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really cant afford another 'direct debit donation'. but Pandas do sound really interesting a 'good cause'.
    My bro had a Panda toy which he took to bed for his first few years as a child - I think I will buy him a years subscription (if they do that) for his birthday pressie - it will tickle him pink!
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    That link worked for me :), is the panda chewing the cage? :p awww.

That is cub probably getting treats through the cage! They feed him apple sauce to train him :rotfl:

The pandas at San diego are

Wu the cub who is one on the 24th
    Bai Yun his Mother...he is her sixth cub
    Yun Zi her 3.5 year old male cub
    Gao Gao who is the father of the cubs

They are all kept seperate apart from the Mother and cub. They normally seperate at around 18 months
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    meritaten wrote: »
    I really cant afford another 'direct debit donation'. but Pandas do sound really interesting a 'good cause'.
    My bro had a Panda toy which he took to bed for his first few years as a child - I think I will buy him a years subscription (if they do that) for his birthday pressie - it will tickle him pink!

That would be a cute gift :)
  • ineedineed Forumite
    4.4K posts
    That is cub probably getting treats through the cage! They feed him apple sauce to train him :rotfl:

The pandas at San diego are

Wu the cub who is one on the 24th
    Bai Yun his Mother...he is her sixth cub
    Yun Zi her 3.5 year old male cub
    Gao Gao who is the father of the cubs

They are all kept seperate apart from the Mother and cub. They normally seperate at around 18 months

Oh ok lol, aww so cute :D.
    meritaten wrote: »

That sounds like a lovely idea :). Only reason I can afford it tbh is because I don't spend money on anything else apart from meds, don't drink or smoke, don't go shopping or out to restaurants or pubs etc due to illness. No children. I only have one adopted animal at the moment that OH pays for (it was a christmas gift).

• colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ok lol, aww so cute :D.

That sounds like a lovely idea :). Only reason I can afford it tbh is because I don't spend money on anything else apart from meds, don't drink or smoke, don't go shopping or out to restaurants or pubs etc due to illness. No children. I only have one adopted animal at the moment that OH pays for (it was a christmas gift).

ineed can you not get one of those yearly prescription cards? I have one for my tablets and saves me quite a bit of money a year.