Please bring back the 'end date' sort feature!

Options
I love comping and fit it in when I can but that's not usually on a regular basis due to work/ life, etc.

So last year, when the 'end date' sort button was trialled, I was able to dip in and out, focusing on the comps that were about to end and therefore were more urgent to enter; this was perfect for me and I was gutted when it was removed :(

Does anyone else feel the same?
:starmod: Everything will be ok in the end; if it's not ok, it's not the end :starmod:

A HUGE thank you to all that post competitions

Comments

• Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's actually easier to sort by the title, as when the end date was used people didn't use it correctly or couldn't put an estimated end date :) you also bring up all the results too :) x

The link that Sue has put should help.

You can still dip in and out :) x
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, I do too.

I've been using an alternate method, but I did prefer the old feature...
  • Daphne01
    Daphne01 Posts: 22,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love comping and fit it in when I can but that's not usually on a regular basis due to work/ life, etc.

So last year, when the 'end date' sort button was trialled, I was able to dip in and out, focusing on the comps that were about to end and therefore were more urgent to enter; this was perfect for me and I was gutted when it was removed :(

Does anyone else feel the same?

Hope this works ;)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72&pp=20&sort=title&order=desc&daysprune=-1&page=305
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No - I didn't find it helpful as it didn't work properly. Please DON'T bring it back.
  • CinnamonGirl_2
    Options
    Thanks for your help and comments; will check out the links :)
    :starmod: Everything will be ok in the end; if it's not ok, it's not the end :starmod:

A HUGE thank you to all that post competitions
  • psilvester
    psilvester Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    One simple thing that I think would help (although need a lot of work) is just to alter the way the dates are put in the thread title.

Now with the date being day/month when you sort by Thread Title you get all the 01/07 then 01/08 and so on before getting to 02/07. If the date was entered as year/month/date then when sorting you would get all comps ending 2013/07/01 first then 2013/07/02 then 2013/07/03 etc etc and so on.

Like I said it is a simple thing really and I think would greatly increase usability of searches and sorts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure