Ohh, look what i've won!

Options
Dear Lucky Winner, We happily announce to you the Draw (Batch #22) of BMW Online Lottery ® held on the 19 April, 2013.Your E-mail Address attached to the Ticket Number: 43566, was picked at random from our database. You have won a brand new 2011 Model BMW 7 Series Car and a LUMP SUM OF $ 500,000.00 (FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) For more information on how to claim your prize, do contact our promotions department via the email below or telephone, and quote this FILE NO: A87/902/ EH3/ 118/ 308/032, TAG NO:098486 and Ref No: 87276/18-0 as this reference serves as the security key to your winnings, we advice that you keep the reference number to yourself. PROMOTIONS DEPARTMENT: Name: Mr. Eric Newton Email: [EMAIL="eric.newton19@yahoo.com.hk"]eric.newton19@yahoo.com.hk[/EMAIL] NB: If you are unable to come to our Branch office in United States of America to claim your prizes, they will be delievered to your doorstep through courier service. Congratulations! Yours Faithfully, Mrs. Clara Davidson. Online Coordinator BMW Lottery Pro

:rotfl::rotfl: They couldn't even use my first name nor spell delivered :rotfl::rotfl:
and a yahoo account for BMW- tut
The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(

Comments

• EMMAP
    EMMAP Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I won too! Wow.... SO lucky.
    Debt free 6th December 2014 :)

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: If I had a pound for every $million I've won with these type of emails...

There was a question on The Chase about this last week (I think). It's called something like "a 401". Can't quite remember.

What worries me the most is what happens one day if one of us really does win a huge amount, and we delete the email thinking it's a scam :eek:

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm used to them as 419 - which may be slightly different (you know the I've inherited millions & need to get it out of the country help me & i'll share it ones ) , this is a great site

http://www.419eater.com/
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Hammy fan. I'm sure you're right and it was a 419. That site is so interesting. I think they're brave doing the scam-baiting thing. I would be a bit nervous. Not only because I don't want to communicate with them in case they send more scams/junk, but also, they are criminals, so I'd be a bit worried what they might do - wot a wimp. :o
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    EMMAP wrote: »
    I won too! Wow.... SO lucky.
    :( No, its my win :( you can't have it :p

and to prove the point i've been sent another 4 emails of the same :T
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • Daphne01
    Daphne01 Posts: 22,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm used to them as 419 - which may be slightly different (you know the I've inherited millions & need to get it out of the country help me & i'll share it ones ) , this is a great site

http://www.419eater.com/

When I'm bored I go and have a read on there, I end up in stitches. Those guys are legends :D
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure