I'm New - Hello

Options
I never realized there were that many competitions out there!!

But I have a question I'm trying to enter one from Shortlist but I can't seem to manage it - I click the 'enter competition' link but nothing happens

I've followed the link from Subscribe and wonder do I have to buy their magazine in order to enter their competitions.

Comments

• AlainaJane31
    AlainaJane31 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the comps forum :D I know mad isn't it but someone has to win these prizes and it might aswell be us lot!!

In answer to your question when clicking on the enter comp link for the shortlist comps another box should pop up with the question which you answer then it changes to a part where you put your details. I use an iPad so it comes up automatically but on a pc your pop up blocker might be stopping it, maybe try allowing pop ups from the site in the setting?

Good luck with the comping and may you have many wins :T

Huge thanks to everyone who takes the time and effort to post all the comps! :T
    *~*WINS*~*
    NOV 23 - 2x tickets for Sister Act in Bradford - £86.00, ASUS ROG FALCHION ACE 65% White Gaming Keyboard - £130
    DEC 23 - Festive Pack from Paper Christmas
  • kisto
    kisto Posts: 7,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It would seem that AlainaJane31 has answered your question but I just wanted to say "Hi" :j and "welcome!"
    :T*Thanks to all who posts comps * :j
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    In answer to your question when clicking on the enter comp link for the shortlist comps another box should pop up with the question which you answer then it changes to a part where you put your details. maybe try allowing pop ups from the site in the setting?
    No luck - that's a good start to doing competitions :eek:. I allowed their pop ups in both my browsers Firefox and IE I even disabled the popup blocker but still I can't enter the dam competition.

So back again for advice.

Kevin
  • Razzamatazz
    Razzamatazz Posts: 1,272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Kevin! The same thing happens to me with Shortlist and Stylist comps. For those sites, I use Opera instead and they work fine.
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I can only enter Shortlist competitions via Chrome, the other browsers won't open the form link.

(Had this problem at Christmas with a few of the Advents too-entered most in IE, and then a few each on Chrome and Firefox)

Also worth trying clicking the compatibility symbol in the browser bar for IE.
  • thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you use Adblock Plus?
    I used to enter Shortlist with no problems (In Firefox), then a couple of months ago I started getting the same problem as you. I found that I needed to disable Adblock Plus, then it worked although sometimes I need to click the Enter button 2 or 3 times.
    Good luck with your comping. :)
  • purplebutterfly
    Options
    Hiya, welcome to the madhouse!

I find it best to have at least two browsers installed because some comps play up and you need to try a different browser to enter them.

I use Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox but there are loads to choose from.

Hope you're lucky! :D
    Living with Lupus is like juggling with butterflies
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I think I'm about to give up on Shortlist no matter what I try I can't activate the link.
    • I have Shortlist down as an exception in my browsers adblockers
    • I don't have adblock plus
    • I've downloaded Opera and still no joy
    • I've checked all of my security programs and don't see anything there that would block them.
    But there are some lovely prizes there, would be a shame to miss an opportunity

Kevin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport