Problem with Ford Credit

Options
2»

Comments

• Atidi
    Atidi Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    Have I understood your posts here and in your other thread correctly?

Did you really apply for this sizable loan 12 months into an existing DMP?
    And did Ford Credit extend the loan to you knowing this?

:eek:
  • paddedjohn
    paddedjohn Posts: 7,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    OP, you say you paid the settlement sum by cheque, when did you send this to them and would it have been cleared by the 14th of Dec?
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 4,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have some experience of this and I have one question - did the letter with the settlement figure on say something to the effect of 'assuming all payments continue to be made until settlement?

What I mean is that the figure will assume you would be making your normal payment if the 'settle by' date crossed your normal payment date. If you cancelled your direct debit before the last payment and sent them their settlement figure, then you could in theory still owe the latest payment, if it was due, say, before the 14th December. Hope I've made sense here!
  • tulip28
    Options
    I never received the settlement letter they said they would send out to me.

I was on the DMP at the time I took out the car finance yes. No questions asked and I passed their 'credit check'

When I called on the 22nd October I never asked for dates - I just asked for the settlement figure - which was given. I then sold the car to a private dealership for that exact amount and I sent the cheque the same day to fords and the cheque was applied to my account on the 30th October 2012.

19th of November and I get a call saying I owe a further £280 - and still no settlement letter.

I called yesterday and asked for the account to be put on hold so no collection/enforcement action would be taken and they said they could not do that - will check - I also asked for the call to be pulled as yesterday was the last day. I was cut off by the lady I was talking to - When I called back 30 seconds later she was in a meeting...

At the end of my tether with this company - I was not aware of the 14th December date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport