Just Received Solicitors Letter For Reposession Of Our Home

Options
Hello
hope someone can give me a bit of info. We are in arrears with our mortgage to around £8000. My business went bust earlier this year and I am on job seekers allowance I have been paying around £110 towards or mortgage each week while I have been waiting for Mortgage Relief, which finally started this week.

With the relief I can pay the monthly mortgage and about 40 a month off the arrears. We have 19 years left to run on the mortgage.

Shelter have been the go between between me and my mortgage company and I thought everthing was ok as I have kept them in the loop and they were waiting for the IMR. Then today I have received a letter that we have not cleared the arrears and they have applied for a court order to reposess our home. What should I do I have spoken their solictiors and sent them copys of my mortgage relief letter but I'm not getting anywhere.

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    edited 20 October 2012 at 2:18PM
    Options
    SteveWh wrote: »
    Hello
    hope someone can give me a bit of info. We are in arrears with our mortgage to around £8000. My business went bust earlier this year and I am on job seekers allowance I have been paying around £110 towards or mortgage each week while I have been waiting for Mortgage Relief, which finally started this week.

With the relief I can pay the monthly mortgage and about 40 a month off the arrears. We have 19 years left to run on the mortgage.

Shelter have been the go between between me and my mortgage company and I thought everthing was ok as I have kept them in the loop and they were waiting for the IMR. Then today I have received a letter that we have not cleared the arrears and they have applied for a court order to reposess our home. What should I do I have spoken their solictiors and sent them copys of my mortgage relief letter but I'm not getting anywhere.

Thanks

Steve

A quick google threw up the following 9 part advice guide:
    https://www.gov.uk/repossession

More useful information can be found on the Citizens Advice self-help website www.adviceguide.org.uk or by calling the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline (0845 4040506) or you could contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau which you can find at www.citizensadvice.org.uk.

Or go back to your Shelter adviser.
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Options
    SteveWh wrote: »
    Hello

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve - if Shelter have been supporting you on sorting things out, have you been back in touch with them about this? What agreements have been put in place for making the payments and paying off the arrears? Do you have anything in writing? We'd urge you to contact Shelter again, and also your local bureau for advice and support on this, as soon as you can.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure